DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 St James Church, Whitechapel, Preston.

Paul Iddon

Reactions
The church of St James, Whitechapel, is set just below Beacon Fell an area of outstanding natural beauty and is probably built on the site of the private chapel of the Threlfall family of The Ashes farm at Goosnargh where services were recorded in 1581. The small settlement of Whitechapel found in the Lancashire county has existed for centuries, known in the Domesday Book as Threlfall, after the Threlfall family that inhabited the hamlet. The Forest of Bowland borders it where it meets Beacon Fell.

The church of St James is known to have existed in 1650, and it was extensively rebuilt in 1738, 1818, and 1891. Further major work in the form of extensions was carried out in 1930, 1957 and 1994. It became an independent parish in 1846. In the same year Alexander Hoghton removed the bell from the building, promising to replace it when needed. It was not until 1728 that his descendant, Sir Henry de Hoghton (of Hoghton Tower) was asked for its return but he argued that, having no tenants in the Goosnargh area, he had no obligation to do so. He did, however, give the sum of 10 shillings for a new bell.

The church is a Grade II listed building.

Paul.

Some nice angles and filming, however, I would not open with that top down twist shot. Use that somewhere else in the video and open with the second shot you have , going towards the gate, though try to smooth that a little. Otherwise, nice, thanks.

Reactions: PHZ and Paul Iddon
Cheers Cymru.

Paul

Reactions: Cymruflyer
Nicely done. Agree with Cymru. Don't know if you can get permission to fly inside, but cutting in some inside, even some stills, would make it more interesting.

Reactions: Paul Iddon
Nicely done. Agree with Cymru. Don't know if you can get permission to fly inside, but cutting in some inside, even some stills, would make it more interesting.
The doors were locked Jim, despite there having been a service that morning. School holidays I think, the lady with the keys wasn't there when I arrived.

Paul.

Very nice video overall. I do agree that the opening shot was odd as an opener. Perhaps a very wide shot showing not only the church but the surrounding countrywide would have been better as a scene-setter. Also, I would have gotten very close to the glass portion of the church then done a slow rise with a slow tilt. But, again, nice job.

Thanks Dave. Did you like the dove?

Paul

Thanks Dave. Did you like the dove?

Paul
Honestly Paul, I thought it was corny. It kinda came out of nowhere. Perhaps if you had other images like that throughout he video it would have worked better...just being honest but it was a perfect subject for a video. All the graves and that perfect wall around the graveyard plus just the pretty, country church all made a great scene.

It's in the middle of nowhere, on the outskirts of Preston which of course has lots of churches (Preist Town) but I've not seen many as "quant" round here.

Paul.

I like it! Nice historical place. Thanks for the backstory in your narrative.

I like it! Nice historical place. Thanks for the backstory in your narrative.

Thank you kindly, the payment is in the post, lol...

I appreciate people have different views - it's all good either way :)

Paul.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Olga