DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 St Walburge's Church, Preston, the third tallest spire in the UK.

Paul Iddon

Reactions
St Walburge’s was designed by the architect Joseph Hansom and completed in 1854.

At a towering 309 ft, it is the tallest of any parish church in England. This spectacular spire is also the third tallest in the UK, giving you breathtaking views over the city. is a major, unique attraction for visitors who can climb the 173 spiral steps to obtain a magnificent 360 degree view over Preston city and westwards to Blackpool and the Irish Sea coast.

St Walburge's is recorded in the National Heritage List for England as a designated Grade I listed building.

The rose window is a beautifully-coloured circular window, 22 feet in diameter. The colour of the spire contrasts to that of the main body of the church because it’s made of a different stone- a limestone full of fossils. The Medieval leper hospital of St Mary Magdalene once stood here.

Music: Enya - So I Could Find My Way.

Paul.

Nice video

Reactions: Paul Iddon
Overall this is a terrific video. The opening shot was very dramatic, although I would have held longer on the end with just the spire and that wonderful gray sky. I also would have dissolved to color sooner. Still though, love the music, great editing, very enjoyable to watch.

• Love
Overall this is a terrific video. The opening shot was very dramatic, although I would have held longer on the end with just the spire and that wonderful gray sky. I also would have dissolved to color sooner. Still though, love the music, great editing, very enjoyable to watch.

Much appreciated Dave - thanks for watching.

Paul.

Again, Paul, this is superb. The music was perfect. Would like to have seen a few interior shots. I know that Salisbury is the tallest tower, but what is in second place?

Again, Paul, this is superb. The music was perfect. Would like to have seen a few interior shots. I know that Salisbury is the tallest tower, but what is in second place?

Thanks Jim. :) The 2nd tallest spire is Norwich Cathedral at 96 metres.

The church was locked when I went, but there are many photos of the interior on the web too.

Nice video, it’s a lovely church and well maintained.

It is indeed. It somehow always looks very "clean" to me.

Paul.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13