DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SteveR43 in another post was working on reducing noise with 4 bladed props, but unfortunately can't login. He accomplished a 13 dB Drop

GwenHaney

Reactions
Results of the former memeber SteveR43's quad prop esxperiment:
I am associated with SteveR43's work. We keep in contact. I'll cut to the chase. He broke down an bought a decibel meter.

Here are his results:

86-87 db with his quad blades

98-100 db with DJI's standard double blade props.

Sorry, Steve can't continue on this forum. He simply can't login. He can't even get to the web page. Wierd.
I'll let you know if he performs any more profound experiments.

LINK to ORIGINAL POST w video: 4 x 4 blade Mavic 3 prop kit completed. 4 Blades on each prop. Video is limited due to my inability to control and film the drone simultaneously.

Toroidal props are improving thrust and reducing noise, there is a also a wishbone configuration. Is he working one of those?

Toroidal props are improving thrust and reducing noise, there is a also a wishbone configuration. Is he working one of those?
I don't know what else he's doing. I'm surprised duct fan props don't work. The key problem with the actual prop that is moving is it's weight. The motor has to spin up fast and slow down fast. Steve has a problem with sport mode only, because the weight of just one extra prop is too much. It causes ESC and Motor warnings. They are quieter and more agile, but the motors would need replacing as well. That's my 2 cents.

P.S. He tells me , when using the 4 props, all he hears is wind.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_