DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Stock video footage

coldclimber

Reactions
Hi, do any of you sell your drone footage as stock, I have been uploading a few to Shutterstock and they have all been rejected as being to grainy and pixelated here is my latest clip taken at 4k 60fp 120sec iso 100 it looks fone to me but they just reject them all. does this look bad to you, am I missing something?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I claim no expertise, but I think that clip would have looked better if it had been brightened a little in post. I don't see any grain, but it does look quite flat and dark.

Having grown up in Minnesota I think your video looks quite realistic ... I don't agree that it is underexposed or should have color correction. Dreary winter days look pretty much exactly like that, and I remember MANY such days. But being dreary as it is, I can understand why Shutterstock might not find it appealing enough to accept it.

That being said, I supposed that it's also possible that once uploaded to Shutterstock your video, being as flat as it is, looks grainier on their end than the original file.

Reactions: coldclimber
Hi, do any of you sell your drone footage as stock, I have been uploading a few to Shutterstock and they have all been rejected as being to grainy and pixelated here is my latest clip taken at 4k 60fp 120sec iso 100 it looks fone to me but they just reject them all. does this look bad to you, am I missing something?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Where is this location? Looks so serene!

The video is excellent. I guess it's realistic for that location, but it would look better with a bit more light. It's fantastic that you know how to make your own stock video. Some companies charge a lot of money for that.
That's why it's always worth it looking at all the options you have. For example, you can get stock video footage on the Crello website for free. That's what I do.
Free footage doesn't mean it's bad. You can still make great stuff with it if you're talented. It's a much better option, in my opinion. People got used to subscribing to things they don't have to. It's bad because there's a lot of things that aren't worth our money.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mare Ru