DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Storage footage

iglou7

Reactions
Good afternoon. I am wondering how other mpp users store their footage.
In my experience the galaxy j7 i use has only 4Gb free internal storage. It means i cannot store footage from 3 battery flights. In between i have to tranfer files to the external sd. Not practical.
Could i use the sdcard inside the mpp to store while flying ? Please advise.

Good afternoon. I am wondering how other mpp users store their footage.
In my experience the galaxy j7 i use has only 4Gb free internal storage. It means i cannot store footage from 3 battery flights. In between i have to tranfer files to the external sd. Not practical.
Could i use the sdcard inside the mpp to store while flying ? Please advise.
@iglou7 the SD card that is inside the drone is where the footage is stored the images that go to the device are only low res unlike the SD card ones, so you will be able to get a micro SD card reader and then transfer them to your computer

What Old Man Mavic says ... Your primary storage for photographs and videos is the SD card that's inserted in the drone. Pop it out and use a USB adapter to connect it to your PC/laptop/tablet etc. to view the photo's and videos. You will see a huge difference in quality!

Wow. Thank you very much. I will test this asap. Have a nice weekend.

Reactions: old man mavic
I'm surprised the app didn't issue a warning or icon that there was no SD card installed in the AC. The M1 series doesn't have built in storage like the Air and M2 does.

Or if there is an SD card installed, eventually that will get full and a warning produced. I don't think it will record at that point.

Thank you for your response. There was a sdcard installed but i thought it was user for the fly data, not the footage. I once had a warning sd full So i did a format. Now i checked the sdcard and found a lot of footage in high quality. No fly data?.
So Nice to discover.

If I am not mistaken the flight data IS stored on the phone/tablet not MPP otherwise you would not be able to get it in the event of a fly awAy or crash.

Reactions: iglou7
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000