DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Storage Problem of Air with props on

Mavic Mac

Reactions
I equipped my Air with Master Airscrew props and stored it in a Ultimaxx hard case, with props attached. The case was stored sitting upright not laid flat. Due to life schedule the drone has been stored for a month or so in one of the rooms in the house. When I took the drone out today I discovered the rear props were warped.

The cut out in the foam for the drone is slightly larger then the body of the drone. With the case stored in an upright position the rear props were supporting the weight of the drone and over the period of time stored the downward weight of the drone warped the props. The props are warped enough where the will strike the body of the drone.

I plan on installing a shim between the body of the drone and the foam to support the weight of the drone. If that doesn't resolve the problem I have two more options. To remove the props before storage or to find space to store the case laying flat.

Hopefully this info will prevent a similar problem for you.

Attachments

• case.jpg
    case.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 51
  • case open.jpg
    case open.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 58
  • warped prop.jpg
    warped prop.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 57
Reactions: bonmot
I equipped my Air with Master Airscrew props and stored it in a Ultimaxx hard case, with props attached. The case was stored sitting upright not laid flat. Due to life schedule the drone has been stored for a month or so in one of the rooms in the house. When I took the drone out today I discovered the rear props were warped.

The cut out in the foam for the drone is slightly larger then the body of the drone. With the case stored in an upright position the rear props were supporting the weight of the drone and over the period of time stored the downward weight of the drone warped the props. The props are warped enough where the will strike the body of the drone.

I plan on installing a shim between the body of the drone and the foam to support the weight of the drone. If that doesn't resolve the problem I have two more options. To remove the props before storage or to find space to store the case laying flat.

Hopefully this info will prevent a similar problem for you.
I have the same concern of my Mavic 2 case too. I have studied the weight supporting points carefully before I am satisfied. :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dennis Anghelatos