DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Storing Videos on Phone?

Melvoid

Reactions
Hi all,

I recently avoided a DJI update until it would no longer take NO for an answer and just did it for me. Since then, I've noticed that when I look at the Album on the phone, it's only got the stills. It used to keep stills and videos, but no more. They're safely saved on the SD card, but I can't view them on the phone like I used to. Am I missing a setting or maybe I have too much on the phone's hard drive?

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Hi all,

I recently avoided a DJI update until it would no longer take NO for an answer and just did it for me. Since then, I've noticed that when I look at the Album on the phone, it's only got the stills. It used to keep stills and videos, but no more. They're safely saved on the SD card, but I can't view them on the phone like I used to. Am I missing a setting or maybe I have too much on the phone's hard drive?

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Im on app veriosn 1.15 on the RC2 and without the quad powered on i can see previous pics and video, but these are the low res versions that are stored on the controller, im guessing you have turned off caching on your phone in the app which is in the 3 dots camera cache when recording, there is a setting for 2-16GB or auto, and it says when max capacity is reached it will clear the older cached files, maybe this is what is happening

I think I found the place you're speaking of. Cache When Recording was already on and I changed the Max Video Cache Capacity from 4GB to 16GB. Wondering if AUTO would do any size as long as there's room on the SD card.

Only thing was, I tried a quick video (took the props off and fired it up on the kitchen table), and still got no video in the phone album. (It DID go to the card, so that part is fine.)

I noticed that, little by little, the older videos were disappearing and I assumed that it was because of disc space, but the fact that it's not adding newer ones is still a question.

Attachments

• DJI_GO_Cache Settings.jpg
    DJI_GO_Cache Settings.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Still no luck. AS long as it's saving them on the card, that's good, but it's still nice to be able to preview on the phone. Strange...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dr0nk3rt