DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Stratus 2 - The Power of Atmosphere

Nice! How long (in real time) would you say most of those time-lapses are ?
Sorry for the late response.

Those captured with the MPP are taken at 2 second intervals to create a minimum 10 second clip at 30 fps, thus 300 shots. That is about 10 minutes of flight. Generally I'd shoot anywhere up to 15 minutes to get 450 shots. Figuring takeoff, landing and positioning, that would just about eat up my battery to land at 30% remaining. I also captured a few moving time-lapse using waypoints I believe at 2 or 3 mph. But most of them are hovering in place. The wind was the biggest problem.

For those captured with a stationary OSMO 3, I'd run it between 2 to 5 second intervals, for a 30 fps clip for about 2 to 3 hours. Some of those would be sped up in post up to 200%, then apply frame blending.

In some of my other videos that utilized time-lapse, I'd cheat and use a stationary MPP on a platform for at least an hour or more. That was before I bought my OSMO 3.

Of course I'd end up with extra long clips to take the best parts. Then go through stabilization and color grading (I capture in D-Log on the MPP).

Reactions: WanderDawg
Reactions: old man mavic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skydiver75thgrp