DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Stuck gimbal error (40002) DJI Mavic 2 air (something is broken)

tim 1993

Reactions
i really need some help
i’m trying to fix my drone dji mavic air 2

I bought the drone used ( they told me it workt fine )
the previous user told me that he did never take off the gimbal cover. I think that caused the problems i have right now.

i have a gimbal stuck error 40002
i can't calibrate my gimbal ( it fails at 10% )
i can’t control my camera

but when i turn on the drone the camera does move and the camera gives good image ( so u think the motor is fine ? )

I think there might be a broken cable? maybe the flex cable or signal cable? ( i’m not scared to fix it my self )
I also found a very small kink in the fex cable, can i start the drone without connecting the flex cable?
i don’t think dust or updating are the problems

I've been searching the internet for hours
and my girlfriend is angry because I bought it used ( we both paid half )

please help me ( from the netherlands
📷
)drone.jpeg

Attachments

• drone.jpeg
    drone.jpeg
    222.5 KB · Views: 5
When your drone starts-up, does the gimbal do its full dance by turning fully in each of its three axis?

With you drone powered off, can you gently move the camera easily in all three axis? You should feel very little resistance.

I googled the 40002 error and it came up with this

Though it's for a mini.
No guarantees a cable replacement will work.
If you try a DIY fix watch as many "teardown" / repair videos as you can find, some youtube repairers shouldn't be allowed near a ship let alone anything as delicate as a drone

Reactions: rickmurray1989
I know this may sound silly, but turn drone upside down and turn on. Take props off first.
Don’t start up motors but just let the gimbal go through its start up sequence.
Sometimes this will dislodge any debris or slight obstruction.

When your drone starts-up, does the gimbal do its full dance by turning fully in each of its three axis?

With you drone powered off, can you gently move the camera easily in all three axis? You should feel very little resistance.
thanks for your replay, yes it does his dance without any problems
And when the drone is powerd off, it moves with out resistance.

I googled the 40002 error and it came up with this

Though it's for a mini.
No guarantees a cable replacement will work.
If you try a DIY fix watch as many "teardown" / repair videos as you can find, some youtube repairers shouldn't be allowed near a ship let alone anything as delicate as a drone
i have seen this video and did contact him by facebook.
I probely gonne sell it the drone or buy both cables on aliexpress.
But i hope some one can tell me which cable is causing this problem

i have seen this video and did contact him by facebook.
I probely gonne sell it the drone or buy both cables on aliexpress.
But i hope some one can tell me which cable is causing this problem
If the camera centres correctly after the start-up dance and, as you mention, you are getting a video feed then the flexi and signal cables are good. The flexi cable is what drives the gimbal.

Check the gimbal anti vibration mount is not restricted in movement. Quite a few cases have been reported where the gimbal mount is dislodged in a crash.

If the camera is not centring and you get the gimbal error immediately after then there are three possibilities: 1. Something is still obstructing one of the gimbal motors. 2. The flexi cable may have a break that occurs when the gimbal moves or 3. The IMU needs recalibrating.

Keep us posted.

Reactions: Dumeinao
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gtfuture11