DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Stuck in a bush on the side of a bluff

69sixpackbee

Reactions
Greetings all.
Had a bad day yesterday. My Mavic 2 Pro is stuck in some brush on the side of a bluff at Lost Maples State Park in Vanderpool, TX. Might be in accessible but am going to try to locate it with binoculars tomorrow. I can track its whereabouts by the last flight log. Can anyone possibly recommend a drone recovery service in the San Antonio area or maybe a well seasoned drone pilot who could try to pick it with a larger drone?
I have only flown this drove about 6 flights and I would be sick to my stomach knowing that I have $1,500.00 hanging precariously off the side of a precipice without being recovered.
Thanx for the help ?

• Sad
Reactions: Kevin Fantroy
Greetings all.
Had a bad day yesterday. My Mavic 2 Pro is stuck in some brush on the side of a bluff at Lost Maples State Park in Vanderpool, TX. Might be in accessible but am going to try to locate it with binoculars tomorrow. I can track its whereabouts by the last flight log. Can anyone possibly recommend a drone recovery service in the San Antonio area or maybe a well seasoned drone pilot who could try to pick it with a larger drone?
I have only flown this drove about 6 flights and I would be sick to my stomach knowing that I have $1,500.00 hanging precariously off the side of a precipice without being recovered.
Thanx for the help ?
Sorry to hear that. Lost min in the mountains. In trees. Used last known inf found it within 20 feet of location. Good luck. I know the pain!

Reactions: Capt KO
Greetings all.
Thanx for the help ?

Kevin your experience is certainly painful to read about. Perhaps you’ll be able to reach it with a pole or small grappling hook. Even if you just knock it loose so it falls where you can retrieve it, a $300 repair is much better than a $1500 loss.
Best of luck and please keep us posted. I think it’s safe to say we all feel your pain.

Last edited:
Reactions: Capt KO
You can retrace the flight on the GO4 app to get close . Click the 3 bars and go to flights and then the map. Don't be afraid to get creative. I had a similar scenario not involving an aircraft, but might work in your situation. 10 foot sections of plastic electrical conduit are really cheap. Some guys glue them but we taped them with duct tape and ran down a hill about 180' to knock an object loose so we could retrieve it in a safer area. Used it like a long pool cue, rolling flexing and bending off rocks or other brush to get it where it needed to go. In another situation a guy I know ran a similar string of conduit with some cording taped to the end in a loop and was able to secure the object and pull it back up hill. Uh don't ask, okay- top secret, classified objects okay? Good luck

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lagunadci