DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Stumped

modbuilder

Reactions
A story of two MP's and two Litchi missions. Consider MP#1 and MP#2 both flying Lichi missions A and B. MP #2 refuses to accept the upload of Litchi mission B reporting that the flight altitude is too high. During this flight attempt, the following is true
- Litchi mission max waypoint altitude is 380 feet AGL
- RC max altitude setting is 395 ft (in meters)
- Take off in Litchi waypoint mode and climb to 150 ft AGL.
- Attempt to upload Litchi mission B. Mission upload fails, reporting "flight altitude is too high"
- Re-try uploading mission at lower and lower altitude all the way down to 20 ft AGL, and get same result
- The indicated altitude on the iPad seems right on and responds to altitude changes showing no altitudes above any maximums
- Back on ground, verify mission waypoint altitudes are all accurately stated and below 400 feet.

- Put MP#1 on line and it accepts the same mission B upload and flys it fine.
Conclusion --> No problem with Litchi mission B design, but there's an equipment problem somewhere in MP#2.

Now, new location 20 miles away with Litchi mission A; same two MP's
Litchi mission A max waypoint altitude is 300 feet
RC max altitude setting is same -- 395 feet (in meters)
Both MP's accept the mission no matter what altitude I upload from, and both fly it fine.
Same deal with indicated altitude on iPad - seems right on and responds as expected.

Conclusion --> No equipment problem with either MP, but there's a glitch hiding in Litchi mission B

Is there an equipment problem or a mission design problem or a RC settings problem? Thinking about reloading the firmware on MP#2 and dumping the Litchi mission B in favor of a complete do-over. PITA just for troubleshooting, so thought I'd ask here. What am I missing?

Thanks Gang.............. R

Reactions: CarlsbadAL
I hardly ever fly way point missions, but off the top of my head I can think of two possibilities.

1) The maximum altitude is stored inn the Mavic, not the iPad. Connect to each Mavic and verify maximum altitude.

2) The FlySafe database is different in the two Mavics and one of them thinks it's in a NFZ.

Or I could be wrong and someone else will chime in with a better idea of the problem.

Thanks for the thoughts KennyJr. I was starting to think I was alone in the dark. Don't mind being in the dark, but it's nice to know someone's listening. Will keep the thread posted when I have it resolved. Regards......... Bob R.

Reactions: Broken Arrow
okay since this does seem to be an issue of altitude there does possibly exist a discrepancy in the barometric altimeter in the to Mavics.
since we are talking pretty tight tolerances like that it's very likely to reach an error situation. You may want to increase your max altitude especially on number two. Just because you define a Max altitude of say 600 feet doesn't mean your drone is going to go up to 600 feet unless you tell it to. I would certainly give that a try first.

Great idea Oconnb910! I'll try that tomorrow. That's the kind of idea I was hoping for. Thx.............. R

I re-worked the Litchi mission under a new name, and went through all the settings on the MP. Now the bird that was refusing to accept a LItchi mission accepts both the new one and the previous one that it declined with a "too high" message.

I noticed while going through the settings on the bird that it was having a hard time accepting the max height setting. Took 3x tries before I got it to accept the new number. Guessing that the problem was in that setting somehow.

Probably never know exactly what the problem was. Thanks All for the thoughts and suggestions.

R

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S