DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Stupid MM battery question

vindibona1

Reactions
Democratic Peoples Republic of Crook County
What's the trick to removing the battery from the MM body?? I got my MM this afternoon and went to remove the battery for the first time and had a wrestling match with it. I finally managed to get it out, but really don't know what I did other than try to release the latch with a small screw driver as I couldn't get it to release with my bare hands. It's got a tab on the inside bottom with an up arrow over it. One would think that it would be an easy thing to get the battery to disengage from the body... but no. When I went to swap batteries to charge my 2nd battery, I had yet another wrestling match on that battery too. It shouldn't be that hard, so I must be doing something wrong.

Again- What's the trick to get it out of the drone???? TIA

The MM battery has a small button on it that you depress with your thumb while lifting it with index finger, kinda pinching it and pulling it out at the same time.
Pressing the button releases the locking latch.

You probably have a tight fitting on the drone body or battery connector that just needs to be worn down by repeated battery insertions

1593224896599.png

The MM battery has a small button on it that you depress with your thumb while lifting it with index finger, kinda pinching it and pulling it out at the same time.
Pressing the button releases the locking latch.

You probably have a tight fitting on the drone body or battery connector that just needs to be worn down by repeated battery insertions

View attachment 105979
I saw the button and the tab. A two-handed removal? I suppose. Kinda crazy to have to work that hard. But I guess if the thing crashes the battery won't get spit out.

Edit: My buddy who also received his MM today had the same issue. He just texted me, he needed a screw driver to pry the battery out. I didn't mention, that's what I had to do, but didn't say anything to him or even mention it here. I only mention it now because both of us experienced the same issue independently.

Last edited:
I saw the button and the tab. A two-handed removal? I suppose. Kinda crazy to have to work that hard. But I guess if the thing crashes the battery won't get spit out.

When you push the tab in with your index finger or thumb, you'll feel the lip of the housing just grab that and pull the battery out.
With mine it comes out easily once the latch is released, you need to keep pressing in the tab until you pull the battery out, can't be that hard it doesn't need two hands ;)
The battery compartment door will also help retain the battery

Last edited:
Reactions: Motorcycle Rider
When you push the tab in with your index finger or thumb, you'll feel the lip of the housing just grab that and pull the battery out.
With mine it comes out easily once the latch is released, you need to keep pressing in the tab until you pull the battery out, can't be that hard it doesn't need two hands ;)
The battery compartment door will also help retain the battery

Do you press the tab in toward the interior cavity of the drone, or press up as the arrow indicates? Neither one seems to be effective without a LOT of muscle.

Do you press the tab in toward the interior cavity of the drone, or press up as the arrow indicates? Neither one seems to be effective without a LOT of muscle.

Your missing it, there is a small button on the battery where I indicated in the photo, you push that in towards the center of the battery and pull the battery at the same time, that's why I said it was a pinch and pull motion.
The big tab on the battery doesn't move only the little button under it, which releases the locking mechanism.

Can you see the little black button (highlighted in red) you push this in, hook a finger nail under the cover above it and pull the battery out

1593244220838.png

Last edited:
Thanks. I think I have it now.

it does seem that after the batteries have been in and out of the drone and charging dock a few times that they seem to get easier to remove ,perhaps its because its just a technique that needs practice to master

I use either of the grips shown in the attached. In the left picture my first finger is inside the battery cover 'gripping' the underside of the battery, the battery start to come out just as I took the picture

Attachments

• mavic mini battery extraction.jpg
    mavic mini battery extraction.jpg
    850.7 KB · Views: 17
Reactions: ff22
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member