DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sub 249 gram rules for Norway

AliasFlyer

Reactions
Can anyone help me with knowing the rules for flying a 249 gram drone in Norway or point me to a source where they're listed?

I hope the rules are easier to learn and adhere to than here in the US.

Read this article to see if it helps.

Reactions: AliasFlyer
You need to be registered as a drone operator in an EU country or Norway. You should register in the first country where you plan to operate. For Norway, you can register at Norwegian website flydrone.no (they have an English version).
This is also valid for sub-250g drones that has a camera and is not marked as a toy.
You also need a liability insurance.
Flying over the city Oslo is forbidden.
And never ever fly within 5 km from an airport. Norway is very strict on that, and has very advanced detection systems. You will be fined around $1000, lose your drone and risk being deported from the country!
Otherwise flying in Norway is quite relaxed. 120 meters max height, no flying in national parks.

You need to be registered as a drone operator in an EU country or Norway. You should register in the first country where you plan to operate. For Norway, you can register at Norwegian website flydrone.no (they have an English version).
This is also valid for sub-250g drones that has a camera and is not marked as a toy.
You also need a liability insurance.
Flying over the city Oslo is forbidden.
And never ever fly within 5 km from an airport. Norway is very strict on that, and has very advanced detection systems. You will be fined around $1000, lose your drone and risk being deported from the country!
Otherwise flying in Norway is quite relaxed. 120 meters max height, no flying in national parks.
Thank you for these details.

I'm still confused on how to get international liability insurance. According to the below website, I need 750,000 SDRs... What the heck is a special drawing right. I feel so out of my league. I'm very fearful of breaking rules but I don't want to miss out on using my drone in Norway.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lab916