DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s Sunny Winter Day in the High Desert

• Thread starter Deleted member 170519
  • Start date
We live in the high desert in New Mexico, but it looks somewhat different than your high desert. I agree about the Air2S. I'm very happy with it.
This is an area just east of Bend Oregon. Millican Valley. The mountain is Pine Mountain where they have an observatory at the top. I lived in the high desert of Arizona too. Doesn't look the same there either. There are areas around here that do look like Arizona and New Mexico though.
I have some distant family that lives in Albuquerque. I have always wanted to retire at Hot Springs/Truth or Consequences, but I think anymore its become an expensive tourist trap

Last edited by a moderator:
Speaking from just 60 mtrs above sea level how high is your high desert? Is breathing a challenge?
Where I was at is 4,304 feet (1,312 m) above sea level. Where I live in Bend, Oregon is 3,625 feet (1,105 m) Not a problem breathing

Reactions: twickers14
Beautiful picture!
I have grandkids in Bend. The whole landscape changes depending on where you are. Mt. Bachelor, the Sisters are magnificent to the west, desert to the east.

Beautiful picture!
I have grandkids in Bend. The whole landscape changes depending on where you are. Mt. Bachelor, the Sisters are magnificent to the west, desert to the east.
Thanks, I just wish I could fly up around mt bachelor... but NFZ anywhere around the Cascade Lakes area, Mt Bachelor.

Reactions: Prop Wash
Thanks, I just wish I could fly up around mt bachelor... but NFZ anywhere around the Cascade Lakes area, Mt Bachelor.
That's a bummer. Any restrictions @ Pilot Butte? Just curious - when we visit next I might bring my Mini2.

That's a bummer. Any restrictions @ Pilot Butte? Just curious - when we visit next I might bring my Mini2.
Yeah, There is a small airport on the other side of Pilot Butte. And Pilot Butte is a State Park. You could probably launch across Hwy 20 in a parking lot and fly up until the NFZ of the airport. Tricky there though.

Reactions: Prop Wash
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vanillasky