DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s Sunrise over Massada this morning in Israel

Julius Danziger

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Massada is the story of how Jewish heroes revolted against the pagan Romans, holed up in the desert fortress of Masada – and opted for mass suicide, killing themselves and their families, over capture and humiliation by Emperor Vespasian's forces.

Comments welcome
Massada great image copy22.jpg

Massada is the story of how Jewish heroes revolted against the pagan Romans, holed up in the desert fortress of Masada – and opted for mass suicide, killing themselves and their families, over capture and humiliation by Emperor Vespasian's forces.

Comments welcome
View attachment 155415
We rode the cable car up there on our visit one year after the Yom Kippur War (1974).Our wonderful guide spent an hour relating the entire story. If readers here on the panel are not familiar with it, Google it and enjoy.

I don't think this road was there then. We are returning to Israel in March, just for 3 days as part of Middle East tour (Dubai/Abu Dhabi/TelAviv-Jerusalem/Jordan.

Dale

Last edited:
Reactions: 4006448
We’ve done 2 tours there over the years - pre drones. 1st was cable car up and walk down the other side. 2nd walked up and cable car down. Amazing story and scenery. Thanks for bringing back fond memories.

Nice! I was just there a few weeks ago with my Mini2. The nearby airfield made this an NFZ then according to Israel‘s map, but I just looked and it’s now closed so I guess it’s fine? Very interesting.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_