DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 Sunset at Worm's Head, Rhossili, Wales

Amazing colours as always down at Rhossili bay on the Gower Peninsula in Wales. Didn't quite get all the shots i wanted but i think the end result turned out well.
Will be posting more videos to my youtube channel as I get to grips with the mini 2.

My favorite hangliding site, brings back many good memories, thanks for showing

That takes me back, I qualified as a hang glider pilot at Rhosilli

Greetings! Awesome, thanks for sharing!

I was lead to believe that flying at Rhossili was not allowed because it was now National Trust land. Let me know if this is not true because last time we were there, I did not even bring my drone to film.

Lovely bit of filming and great music choice too. Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:
I was lead to believe that flying at Rhossili was not allowed because it was now National Trust land. Let me know if this is not true because last time we were there, I did not even bring my drone to film.

Lovely bit of filming and great music choice too. Thanks for sharing.
From my understanding, you can't take off from NT land, but there's nothing stopping you from flying over their land as they don't own the airspace above it. As there is a public footpath running down to the worm's head there's nothing stopping you taking off from there and flying over the beach and to the worm as I did. The law states that while "a public right of way protects you from being accused of trespass it does not protect you against any by-laws. And since the National Trust by-laws have not been updated since 1965 and make no mention of drones, unsurprisingly, I think i'm in the clear.
The general consensus seems to be that the NT don't have much of a legal leg to stand on so i'm not going to worry to much about it.

Reactions: Cymruflyer
From my understanding, you can't take off from NT land, but there's nothing stopping you from flying over their land as they don't own the airspace above it. As there is a public footpath running down to the worm's head there's nothing stopping you taking off from there and flying over the beach and to the worm as I did. The law states that while "a public right of way protects you from being accused of trespass it does not protect you against any by-laws. And since the National Trust by-laws have not been updated since 1965 and make no mention of drones, unsurprisingly, I think i'm in the clear.
The general consensus seems to be that the NT don't have much of a legal leg to stand on so i'm not going to worry to much about it.
Ohh that's great news then. Next time I'm home I shall most definitely take my drone for a visit there. I knew they could not stop you from overflying but I did not know the footpath was not their property, because even the car park, I thought, was theirs. Appreciate the quick response. Maybe we can meet up if we are ever able to get home for a holiday. Bloody virus.

Ohh that's great news then. Next time I'm home I shall most definitely take my drone for a visit there. I knew they could not stop you from overflying but I did not know the footpath was not their property, because even the car park, I thought, was theirs. Appreciate the quick response. Maybe we can meet up if we are ever able to get home for a holiday. Bloody virus.
I wouldn't take my word for it :D And they do specifically say no drones to be operated from their land so i may have indeed been in the wrong. I just don't think there's much they could do about it other than tell you to stop and move on. I can understand them not wanting drones flying around their properties and where crowds of people might congregate, but the blanket ban on drones across all their sites just seems ridiculous and unnecessary.

Nowt stopping you parking up and flying off the roof of the car, that's your property.

Beautiful! I'm really liking the capabilities of the Mini 2 :D

Gorgeous, given the number of shots and their differences I am curious, was this all shot in one flight and have you flown there before? I.e. did you go with a flight plan in mind or metaphorically just wing it?

Gorgeous, given the number of shots and their differences I am curious, was this all shot in one flight and have you flown there before? I.e. did you go with a flight plan in mind or metaphorically just wing it?
This was 3 separate flights but all on the same evening. I wish I could say I had some grand master plan before I set off, but honestly for every one of my videos so far I'm just winging it!
I live in Gower and know the beaches and areas well, so in my mind I know all the good angles! Of course that all goes out the window when you're 100m in the air with a finite amount of battery life!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Electrakill21