DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini Surprisingly impressed with Mini 2 camera

lturner241

Reactions
For many years I've been using high quality cameras and lenses and even today, in addition to my Sony and Panasonic digital cameras, still own and use Hasselblad and Mamiya medium format film cameras plus a large format rail camera.

So with this in mind I wasn't expecting much from the little Mini 2 sensor and what to me looked like a mobile phone camera lens. The megapixel count isn't that important as I remember seeing superb images many years ago from the early Nikon D1 which was a 3MP camera (but cost a fortune).

Took the Mini 2 out for the 2nd flight the other day in cold conditions, but with some lovely light. It's not the greatest composition but was taken more as a test of the photo capability of the Mini 2.

I used the RAW file and it needed very little processing in Capture 20. Got to say I'm really impressed and can see this being used for architectural photography as a drone gets rid of converging verticals. The crappy JPEG doesn't really do the resolution any justice.

DJI_0030snow 3.jpg

Reactions: Skywatcher2001
That speaks volumes about this little bird (coming from a seasoned professional like you). I can only imagine the clarity of the RAW file. . . . good job! Thank you!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent