DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Surreal Martian Landscapes of Southern Utah

Karlewski

Reactions

The Desert Badlands just west of Hanksville Utah dazzled me once again! On long road trips, my gaze was often attracted to an amazing tower off in the desert. The tower turned out to be Factory Butte. And incredibly aesthetic, yet ominous Mesa that is rapidly eroding into more of a tower like structure. I took a beautiful ride on my Enduro motorcycle, encircling the Butte, and visiting many breathtaking attractions on every side, cliffs canyons and towers. The ride culminated with a man eating ride across surreal, unstable, steep sided mud dunes in search of the perfect vantage point to capture the Butte's beauty during sunset. This location was also the best vantage point for a recon flight to scan for the best climbing lines up onto the buttes heights. I have no illusions of summiting this crumbling mud tower but being an avid climber I can not resist the draw to go as far as I safely can. . .

Works fine for me, thanks for another good video

Now it has worked Karl, your video - how could it be otherwise - is fantastic. The area is overwhelming with all the bizarre formations and the coal layer in the middle of "nowhere", What amazing place!
Thanks again for showing us your new trip 👍👍👍
Cheers Paul

Reactions: Andy carley
Thanks for posting this spectacular trip. Your stuff is always amazing and this one the ultimate. I cannot watch without the occasional twinge as I see you in a precarious place. Wonderful stuff. Keep it up.

Amazing in its information and real life appearance's at the points you went to. Love the road map to let us know where you went along with the video coverage you shot and put together. Put together with great editing and good music !
I'd be curious to know how you added the map and all the points of interest where you went ?

Hey, thanks guys! I was not sure how a less “Death Defying” video would be received. Though I must say, I was very nervous doing my last flight near sunset In that maze of mud dunes. One wrong turn, a bit of wasted time and I would have been spending the night, at best. . .
I use google earth, drop pins and “capture specific views“ and google earth’s “slide show” links them together into that. “Flight Over the Adventure Zone”. I do it on a slow setting so I get decent quality and so I can speed up various parts to make it dance and to keep it interesting. That’s the simple explanation, it is a hard earned skill as is key framing in the arrow on a moving map. . .
I have another wild landscape coming up next. This time in Arches National Park. So, no drone action, and it would have been unreal with a drone! Still, pretty cool. Here‘s the thumbnail!1702341365774.jpeg

Reactions: MavicFlyer2
I use google earth, drop pins and “capture specific views“ and google earth’s “slide show” links them together into that. “Flight Over the Adventure Zone”. I do it on a slow setting so I get decent quality and so I can speed up various parts to make it dance and to keep it interesting. That’s the simple explanation, it is a hard earned skill as is key framing in the arrow on a moving map.
Thanks for the quick explanation and it's a skill I'd like to learn. Thumbswayup

Another exciting journey - thanks for your many talents shown behind the various cameras/drone and your videoing.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas