DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Take off fault

duffellbag

Reactions
Hi can anyone tell me what the fault is with my trusty old Mavic mini?

Also how do I upload a short video of it taking off, the only file type i could put on here was a GIF

Attachments

• IMG_7510.jpeg
    4.8 MB · Views: 67
  • A057279B-FBF3-40AA-801D-DDDBDEAAC3D9.GIF
    A057279B-FBF3-40AA-801D-DDDBDEAAC3D9.GIF
    3 MB · Views: 87
Reactions: RodPad
Also how do I upload a short video of it taking off,

Upload your content to YouTube or similar account and then copy / paste the URL link in your post.

It will change to a thumbnail after you post the reply.

Pictures may be directly uploaded, but not video.

Reactions: duffellbag
Yes!
I should try that some time, but to afraid to fly indoors. :rolleyes:

BTW, welcome to the Forum!

Let us know, there is a lot great members here.

Rod ..

Hi can anyone tell me what the fault is with my trusty old Mavic mini?

For what it's worth, follow the instructions from HERE and post your flight log so that others can see the data for more information.

There's some members here that can get into the nitty gritty of the data and tell you what happened.

Good luck. 👍

Here you have it... the props on the front left motor is the wrong ones (put on the same props as you have in the rear right, those with the single silver stripe)... have also drawn in the motor direction of rotation.

1704398652727.png

its quite simple looking down on the drone from behind , the left hand pair of front props are wrong ,as @slup stated should be two CCW and two CW on oposing diagnal motors

Last edited:
Definitely the lower left is not the same as the others. Look at the direction of the stripes.
Yeah... besides that the stripe direction have nothing to do with this. The front left should have a single stripe & the rear right should also have a single stripe... both these are CW rotating props. The double striped ones are CCW rotating & should go on the front right & the rear left.

Yeah... besides that the stripe direction have nothing to do with this. The front left should have a single stripe & the rear right should also have a single stripe... both these are CW rotating props. The double striped ones are CCW rotating & should go on the front right & the rear left.
ah ok...right.Thumbswayup

There is a ridge marked on the right-front and left-rear arm. Those counter-clockwise rotating motors should have the blades with two silver stripes and matching ridge marks on the prop blades.

The left-front and right-rear arms are smooth without the ridge marks. Those clockwise rotating motors take the single-striped blades with smooth (no ridge) blades.

Ridge.jpg

Smooth.jpg

There is a section in the manual explaining all this. I suggest grounding your drone until you read it SEVERAL times!!

There is a section in the manual explaining all this. I suggest grounding your drone until you read it SEVERAL times!!
We got two people asking questions in this thread, is this for both?

Personally, I'm a pretty poor reader in many ways. :rolleyes:

Rod ..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas