DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Takes off and lands back without pilot input

JP_CACIKE

Reactions
I've had my good old Mavic Air 2 since June 2020 and I've never tried to modify it or take it out of warranty. It has crashed once in 2021 and it was fine. It continues to fly except recently as it is about to take off, it hesitates, then goes up to the pre-programmed 3 feet, then it goes back and lands without any input. It seems as if the GPS is off because for the first time yesterday, it went into "atti" mode" After this happens so far anyway, I'm able to take off and fly normally. Any ideas? HFTA

Have you updated all the firmware?
Is there anything that could be a reception problem?
Do you have access to a separate DJI Drone and Controller?
It seems like your GPS unit BUT could very well be Firmware related OR some sort of interference.

Reactions: JP_CACIKE
Before you start messing with updates post the flight log.
You might also try starting the motors with the CSC then having the drone launch by throttling up. I do the latter and feel I have more control that way than I do using the automated launch button.

Last edited:
Reactions: JP_CACIKE
I am a p3 pilot lol
I am fairly sure I have also seen a few "my drone has been bricked by an update" threads for mavics too.
Besides I see no reason for existing firmware to suddenly go 'to pot'.

Have you updated all the firmware?
Is there anything that could be a reception problem?
Do you have access to a separate DJI Drone and Controller?
It seems like your GPS unit BUT could very well be Firmware related OR some sort of interference.
Just yesterday before leaving the house to fly, I updated to the DJI firmware to Version 1.13.4 but I wonder if the firmware differentiates between drones ie. MA2 and Avata2. I wouldn't think it makes a difference but I'm just speculating.
Yes, the Avata2 controller is different from the standard MA2 remote.
Lastly, I think the interference could be a factor since I'm near a railroad station. well as long as it lets me fly with GPS for now, I'm hoping to be ok. I fly 98% of my time over water so if anything goes wrong, it may not cause anyone else grief. Thanks Cafguy

Before you start messing with updates post the flight log.
You might also try starting the motors with the CSC then having the drone launch by throttling up. I do the latter and feel I have more control that way than I do using the automated launch button.
I'm will take your advice and get those flight logs and start the motors with CSC. good idea! Thanks Pud

Any time I have a weird flight control problem, I'll do an IMU calibration. Works more often than not.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PeakDistrictFlyer