DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 1 Tallest Lighthouse on Baltics Mikelbaka! This vid was made in a memory of cattiest cat - Richard. =(

Proffy

Reactions
In the memory of the cattiest cat in the world - Richard. Rest in peace dear friend you're always bring a joy into our hearts. =( Legends date the name "Mikelbaka" to 1749, when the coast was surveyed by Mikhail Ryabinin, a Russian midshipman. After a period, the name was changed to the Latvian "Mikelis”. At 56 metres (184 ft) it is the tallest lighthouse tower in the Baltic States. The present-day Miķeļbāka lighthouse was built in 1957, documented in the sign above its front door. Two hundred and ninety-three steps lead to the top of the lighthouse, offering a view overlooking the surrounding Kurzeme coast of the Baltic Sea and a lighthouse on the Syrve Peninsula of Saaremaa that can be seen in fine weather at a distance of 35 kilometres (22 mi). The current tower is 56 metres (184 ft) high, the beacon having a focal height of 59 metres (194 ft) above sea level, making it the tallest in the Baltic States.

Nice shooting!

Reactions: Proffy
In the memory of the cattiest cat in the world - Richard. Rest in peace dear friend you're always bring a joy into our hearts. =( Legends date the name "Mikelbaka" to 1749, when the coast was surveyed by Mikhail Ryabinin, a Russian midshipman. After a period, the name was changed to the Latvian "Mikelis”. At 56 metres (184 ft) it is the tallest lighthouse tower in the Baltic States. The present-day Miķeļbāka lighthouse was built in 1957, documented in the sign above its front door. Two hundred and ninety-three steps lead to the top of the lighthouse, offering a view overlooking the surrounding Kurzeme coast of the Baltic Sea and a lighthouse on the Syrve Peninsula of Saaremaa that can be seen in fine weather at a distance of 35 kilometres (22 mi). The current tower is 56 metres (184 ft) high, the beacon having a focal height of 59 metres (194 ft) above sea level, making it the tallest in the Baltic States.

Mikelbaka: Is that "Mikel Hills?" The reason I ask is there's a place in Illinois called "Krisdala Baka." It's all rolling hills and some Swedish immigrants named it that, finding land that reminded them of home.

Cool lighthouse, for me the wrong music for it.

Interesting history, nice lighthouse. Agree with the other comments, music doesn't really suit and the FPV view not my favorite.

Is your drone accidentally set to FPV mode? The horizon in your video is not straight.
Nope, its not. Dunno about other drones, but when there are high wind that's happens with Mavic Air 1 quite often

Nope, its not. Dunno about other drones, but when there are high wind that's happens with Mavic Air 1 quite often
Strong winds (over 40 kmph) can cause drunken horizon on my MA2. But I’ve never seen any gimbal jerk around like yours does. See your video:
3-7secs
1min20-24sec

Have you tried recalibrating your drone?

Mikelbaka: Is that "Mikel Hills?" The reason I ask is there's a place in Illinois called "Krisdala Baka." It's all rolling hills and some Swedish immigrants named it that, finding land that reminded them of home.
Khm! Quite interesting theory. Nope, I didn't find Mikel Hills in Latvia. Actually "Krisdala Baka" sound similar to latvian language. "Baka" translated on english from latvian, means - Lighthouse. But I google translate saids "Baka" from swedish to english means - Bake.

Here's what I found about the place you mentioned. So yes, seems its swedish :) Touring Swedish America

Reactions: Tentoes
Cool lighthouse, for me the wrong music for it.
Thanks for the feedback. Didn't find anything better :) (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Khm! Quite interesting theory. Nope, I didn't find Mikel Hills in Latvia. Actually "Krisdala Baka" sound similar to latvian language. "Baka" translated on english from latvian, means - Lighthouse. But I google translate saids "Baka" from swedish to english means - Bake.

Here's what I found about the place you mentioned. So yes, seems its swedish :) Touring Swedish America

Yes, I read that plaque. Used to stop there often. It's an interesting place with lots of rolling hills. Tried droning it once, but not very successfully. Maybe next time I pass through there.

Strong winds (over 40 kmph) can cause drunken horizon on my MA2. But I’ve never seen any gimbal jerk around like yours does. See your video:
3-7secs
1min20-24sec

Have you tried recalibrating your drone?

Yup, it’s calibrated. Wind speed was 30-50kmph over that time

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan