DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s Tempe Marketplace, Tempe AZ

Zeke

Reactions
I originally created a clip that was almost 7 minutes long, thought it was all cool... until I found myself skipping parts of it. I realized that many of the best videos out there are edited for cats... lots of movement, short clips with movement, making you wonder what's around the bend. I managed to pare that 7 minute clip down to just over 2 minutes. Let me know what you think but be gentle... 😉

I had no idea Tempe wasn't in restricted airspace. I live in Mesa & fly exclusively in Tonto NF because I gave up trying to fly anywhere in Maricopa County because drones are forbidden in the thousands of acres of the Regional Parks & the rest of the county seems to be in restricted airspace.

I had no idea Tempe wasn't in restricted airspace. I live in Mesa & fly exclusively in Tonto NF because I gave up trying to fly anywhere in Maricopa County because drones are forbidden in the thousands of acres of the Regional Parks & the rest of the county seems to be in restricted airspace.
I used to think the same thing and almost got out of the whole drone thing because I got tired of shooting rocks and cactus in the desert. I signed up for a course through Drone Launch Academy and realized that there's tons of airspace available in the cities as long as you apply for clearance and follow the rules (don't fly over crowds, don't hover over people, etc.) Honestly I still don't have the nerve to do a flight at the Biltmore Area on Camelback but there's no reason not to.

As far as this clip, this area of Tempe is Class B airspace. I got LAANC clearance for 100', so I just set my max height for 95' and let 'er rip.

Last edited:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221005_124145.jpg
    Screenshot_20221005_124145.jpg
    346.9 KB · Views: 4
I used to think the same thing and almost got out of the whole drone thing because I got tired of shooting rocks and cactus in the desert. I signed up for a course through Drone Launch Academy and realized that there's tons of airspace available in the cities as long as you apply for clearance and follow the rules (don't fly over crowds, don't hover over people, etc.) Honestly I still don't have the nerve to do a flight at the Biltmore Area on Camelback but there's no reason not to.

As far as this clip, this area of Tempe is Class B airspace. I got LAANC clearance for 100', so I just set my max height for 95' and let 'er rip.
That explains it. I haven't registered my Mini 2 with the FAA so I can't use LAANC. I like to cruise around Tonto NF where the only things I have to worry about are uneven terrain & power lines while I document the desert rat lifestyle/culture from above in still pics.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ