DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

That annoying shutter sound....again

DJI_Craig

Reactions
I know this has come up in previous threads, but there has been no firm resolution (maybe because none exists). When shooting timelapse video, every second I get the shutter click sound. Sure, I can turn the volume on my iphone 12 all the way down and eliminate the click, but then the voice prompts such as "VIDEO NEARING COMPLETION" or "LOSS OF SIGNAL - LANDING" are also muted. So it's either clicks and alerts or nothing?

I guess I can see a benefit of having a software camera shutter sound for taking snapshots, but is it necessary for timelapse? And if the camera shutter sound is there to confirm a picture has been taken, then why not include a whirring motor sound when I'm shooting video? The answer is of course, the record button turns red when recording, so why can't just the shutter button flash with a circle around it and indicate it's taking a picture? Oh wait, it already does that...but with a sound as well.

I know this has come up in previous threads, but there has been no firm resolution (maybe because none exists). When shooting timelapse video, every second I get the shutter click sound. Sure, I can turn the volume on my iphone 12 all the way down and eliminate the click, but then the voice prompts such as "VIDEO NEARING COMPLETION" or "LOSS OF SIGNAL - LANDING" are also muted. So it's either clicks and alerts or nothing?

I guess I can see a benefit of having a software camera shutter sound for taking snapshots, but is it necessary for timelapse? And if the camera shutter sound is there to confirm a picture has been taken, then why not include a whirring motor sound when I'm shooting video? The answer is of course, the record button turns red when recording, so why can't just the shutter button flash with a circle around it and indicate it's taking a picture? Oh wait, it already does that...but with a sound as well.
Those few audio alerts you are worried about missing are also readily apparent by simply monitoring the screen. Just turn off the phone volume. Anything really serious will use the speaker inside the remote, which is unmutable!

Actually I am comforted by the shutter sound, alerts, etc. Anything that will keep my attention and tell me things are proceeding along well. I like the pre-ending notice- it alerts me to get ready to re-start the sequences for long hyperlapses.
To each his own, I guess.

Dale

Reactions: F00Man
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3