DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The Burden 2022 - a Krampus Shortfilm

Good story. You can see that it has a lot of work behind it: always the same colour tone, no changes in brightness/contrast, a lot of scenes, a developed story, ...etc.

Technically I see some problems in some scenes like a lot of noise in some night scenes in the darkest parts, artifacts in the lights, judder in moving objects in many scenes .... for many, all this will go unnoticed.

Congratulations for the video!

Reactions: kanaloa6779
Thanks for watching it so careful. Yes, there is still some work to do.
I brightened up the dark scenes for the YT Version to make sure that people watching this with cheaper displays still get more then a black screen. Perhaps I should have considered more denoising.
And we messed up some dark shots 😅
But there are definite limitations - switched to the Sony FX3 and things are easier now - especially the dual iso helps.

Last edited:
Reactions: DiscoverSpain
Thanks for watching it so careful. Yes, there is still some work to do.
I brightened up the dark scenes for the YT Version to make sure that people watching this with cheaper displays still get more then a black screen. Perhaps I should have considered more denoising.
And we messed up some dark shots 😅
But there are definite limitations - switched to the Sony FX3 and things are easier now - especially the dual iso helps.

You're welcome, I had a great time watching the video. In fact I've subscribed to the channel hoping to see more videos soon.

The problem with trying to adjust a video for any kind of screen, is that. I think it's better not to do it, adjust it for a good calibrated monitor.

Nice acquisition the Sony FX3, enjoy it!

Would really help me if you could point out some scenes showing these:
artifacts in the lights
judder in moving objects
Didn’t realize these I think.
This is my calibrated Version:
The Burden
Would be interested if this works better in your opinion.
Thanks for subscribing, honestly this is still my „no budget enthusiasm channel“ (that’s why you find there a Stopmotion Lego video aswell - I did this with my 8 year old daughter. I am honestly not too sure if I will release things here soon.

Thought about your thoughts again. If you are referring to the „fight scene“ - I did some heavy grading and effects. The wall in the background was to bright, so I brought it down and used glow and halation effects for the torches.
I also used artificial SloMo and did not use the highest interpolation option to make it look weirder

Would really help me if you could point out some scenes showing these:
artifacts in the lights
judder in moving objects
Didn’t realize these I think.
This is my calibrated Version:
The Burden
Would be interested if this works better in your opinion.
Thanks for subscribing, honestly this is still my „no budget enthusiasm channel“ (that’s why you find there a Stopmotion Lego video aswell - I did this with my 8 year old daughter. I am honestly not too sure if I will release things here soon.

On this version is much more dificult to find issues but I still can see some:
- 2:05 artifacts on sky
- 3:16 artifacts on the center of the image, on the white wall
- 4:22 too much noise on girl in the shadows & wall where the girl were
- 4:39 too much noise on the whole scene
- 5:08 artifacts on sky
- 12:32 artifacts on lights
-12:56 artifacts on smoke / mist and on next scenes

On this version is much more dificult to find issues but I still can see some:
- 2:05 artifacts on sky
- 3:16 artifacts on the center of the image, on the white wall
- 4:22 too much noise on girl in the shadows & wall where the girl were
- 4:39 too much noise on the whole scene
- 5:08 artifacts on sky
- 12:32 artifacts on lights
-12:56 artifacts on smoke / mist and on next scenes
Thanks again for taking your time to check on it. Happy that you think that this version has less of the issues. Was a hard decision to change the exposure for the dark scenes but I had some „non critical-every day“ people watching both versions (and not much people care anymore about good conditions) and most of them „liked“ the brighter one.
Anyway, you are right with your points.
The girl against the wall is the one we definitely messed up. And I really liked the shot moving back and revealing her.
I think the artifacts in the sky mostly are caused by speed ramping at the moon scene and heavy grading at the sunrise (we shot this during daylight and I graded it that way)
Thanks again, I really did not recognize some of these issues - best regards

Last edited:
Reactions: DiscoverSpain
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valter123