DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 The Castle in the Clouds, Ossipee Mountains, New Hampshire

ArthurC

Reactions
Long time, no visit... The wife and I had our first baby almost a year ago, and most hobbies, droning included, obviously took a back seat for a while, and I recently realized I hadn't visited in a while to watch or post any videos. I got some time a few months ago to start flying again, and have a few videos to share, so here's one from last winter that I never got around to posting here. In the mean time, I'll do my best to catch up on some of your videos!

Hope you're having fun with the new one. Nice video, good variety of shots. Just curious, did you really maintain VLOS for all these shots? I ask because I can't for the life of me send my Air 2s as far as you (and others) do, and still see it. Maybe it's my eyesight?

We vacation on Lake Wentworth each summer. Many nice hikes around Castle in the Clouds. Thanks for sharing.

Hope you're having fun with the new one. Nice video, good variety of shots. Just curious, did you really maintain VLOS for all these shots? I ask because I can't for the life of me send my Air 2s as far as you (and others) do, and still see it. Maybe it's my eyesight?
They way I interpret and execute VLOS is that you don't actually have to see the drone, you just need to be able to see that the area around where the drone is, is clear of other aircraft and obstructions. So no, for a number of these shots, I couldn't actually see the drone, but I knew approximately where it was and that there was nothing else in the area. Pretty much make sure the line between you and the drone is unobstructed, but whether or not you can see the drone is not important.

Reactions: 4006448
Very nice ArthurC and like the mix up of stuff.
Looks like there's been a fire through the area.

They way I interpret and execute VLOS is that you don't actually have to see the drone, you just need to be able to see that the area around where the drone is, is clear of other aircraft and obstructions. So no, for a number of these shots, I couldn't actually see the drone, but I knew approximately where it was and that there was nothing else in the area. Pretty much make sure the line between you and the drone is unobstructed, but whether or not you can see the drone is not important.
Well flown and edited. I just disagree with your VLOS interpretation - but maybe that’s just me.

I suspect a lot of pilots would share your interpretation, at least judging from the videos I see. Don't know if the FAA would agree, but don't know that it would matter in locations like where you fly. No harm, no foul?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998