DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s The Castle & Monument at Carn Brea, Cornwall. Site where the stolen flying Ford Anglia from Harry Potter was found

Jeremy Clark

Reactions
I visited Carn Brea yesterday to film, as it was here that I made one of my first drone flights about a year ago. An interesting fact - the flying Ford Anglia used in the Harry Potter films was found abandoned here in 2006 after it had been stolen.

Brilliant! The 2S seems to handle focus changes better than the other DJI drones. Do you have any tips. You have piqued my interest in the Carn Brea Castle.

Reactions: Jeremy Clark
Brilliant! The 2S seems to handle focus changes better than the other DJI drones. Do you have any tips. You have piqued my interest in the Carn Brea Castle.
Thanks a lot. No tips I’m afraid. All the footage was shot with auto camera settings. The only adjustment I made was that I used a polarising filter for the whole flight

Another great job Jeremy. Loved the cloud hyper lapse. Thought you might have got a little closer in on the castle and flown through a window or two lol. PS I stole your b&w to colour intro on my Taree video on today’s forum. Respect. ??

That was great! Smooth movements, great music. Nicely done!

Another great job Jeremy. Loved the cloud hyper lapse. Thought you might have got a little closer in on the castle and flown through a window or two lol. PS I stole your b&w to colour intro on my Taree video on today’s forum. Respect. ??
Thanks for the usual kind comments, Paul. Nice fade from B&W on your video :) The castle is actually occupied & used as a restaurant so no "window flying!!". I filmed a hyper lapse of the monument too, but it was just too windy and there was too much movement so I didn't use it

Another great video!

Thanks for the usual kind comments, Paul. Nice fade from B&W on your video :) The castle is actually occupied & used as a restaurant so no "window flying!!". I filmed a hyper lapse of the monument too, but it was just too windy and there was too much movement so I didn't use it
Haaa I wouldn’t think the restaurant patrons would have liked it too much! You’re excused. I withdrew my comment lol??

I visited Carn Brea yesterday to film, as it was here that I made one of my first drone flights about a year ago. An interesting fact - the flying Ford Anglia used in the Harry Potter films was found abandoned here in 2006 after it had been stolen.

Jeremy:

I, single handedly, want to award you the best video of the day! That was really terrific. Beautiful scenery filmed beautifully. Nice slow movements. Great circles, spirals, and the rocket effect rising above the monument/cross with a spin mixed in was stunning. The color grading perfect except for one part I will get to in a sec.
The music selection was ideal- mystical, haunting. I am going to record it for my own use one day!

I particularly had a question about the motion timelapse from 1:29 on ward. Did you use a motion slider for that? The color grading of the grass was quite noisy and out of synch with the grass in the remainder of the film.

Your country is quite different from mine! So green. So peaceful.

Dale
Miami

Last edited:
Jeremy:

I, single handedly, want to award you the best video of the day! That was really terrific. Beautiful scenery filmed beautifully. Nice slow movements. Great circles, spirals, and the rocket effect rising above the monument/cross with a spin mixed in was stunning. The color grading perfect except for one part I will get to in a sec.
The music selection was ideal- mystical, haunting. I am going to record it for my own use one day!

I particularly had a question about the motion timelapse from 1:29 on ward. Did you use a motion slider for that? The color grading of the grass was quite noisy and out of sun with the grass in the remainder of the film.

Your country is quite different from mine! So green. So peaceful.

Dale
Miami
Wow. Thanks so much for the kind words. The music is a license free track from Epidemic Sounds - I pay a small subscription monthly but they have some really great music on there, & you can download either the full track or the separate stems. The time lapse was actually filmed with a DJI Pocket 2, as opposed to the Mavic Air 2S for the rest, & one of the hyper lapse settings is the one I used - an auto pan. I did another hyper lapse of the monument as well, but even on a tripod, it was too windy with too much movement so I didn't use it. I used a polarising lens on the drone, but didn't on the Pocket, & you're right - Frankly, I should've toned down the saturation of the Pocket 2 footage more. I've ordered some filters for the pocket 2 now so hopefully won't have the same problem in future. Thanks again for the praise

Wow. Thanks so much for the kind words. The music is a license free track from Epidemic Sounds - I pay a small subscription monthly but they have some really great music on there, & you can download either the full track or the separate stems. The time lapse was actually filmed with a DJI Pocket 2, as opposed to the Mavic Air 2S for the rest, & one of the hyper lapse settings is the one I used - an auto pan. I did another hyper lapse of the monument as well, but even on a tripod, it was too windy with too much movement so I didn't use it. I used a polarising lens on the drone, but didn't on the Pocket, & you're right - Frankly, I should've toned down the saturation of the Pocket 2 footage more. I've ordered some filters for the pocket 2 now so hopefully won't have the same problem in future. Thanks again for the praise
That was really a great idea using the Pocket 2. I have both the Pocket 1 and the new DJI OM4 (Osmo Mobile 4) gimbal using the iPhone 11Pro Max. Both of these gadgets will do timelapse, hyperlapse, and motion lapse. I find that I can do better work with the gimbal (OM4)on a tripod, than the pocket which I have never mastered, even with a mount on a tripod. The motion lapse is a sub-menu of timelapse. You set time of the video, starting point, and ending point, and interval between shots. I can send a You Tube video link if you want.

I sold my $3000 USD motion lapse rig for $1500 on e-bay. Too much equipment to carry.

I edited this- here is the link to OM4 motion lapse. You can also do it with the Pocket2 if you attach the pocket to a phone and use the phone for controlling and setting everything. I use a Ulanzi but I looked at their web site and cannot find it anymore.

Here is almost the same thing in PGY Tech on Amazon. Screen Shot 2021-07-09 at 2.20.22 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-07-09 at 2.21.20 PM.png

Dale

Last edited:
I completely agree with Dale, best video of the day! I watched the whole thing and I don't often do that with many of the videos on this forum. Great job!!!

I completely agree with Dale, best video of the day! I watched the whole thing and I don't often do that with many of the videos on this forum. Great job!!!
Great minds (Davis S and me) think alike.

That was really a great idea using the Pocket 2. I have both the Pocket 1 and the new DJI OM4 (Osmo Mobile 4) gimbal using the iPhone 11Pro Max. Both of these gadgets will do timelapse, hyperlapse, and motion lapse. I find that I can do better work with the gimbal (OM4)on a tripod, than the pocket which I have never mastered, even with a mount on a tripod. The motion lapse is a sub-menu of timelapse. You set time of the video, starting point, and ending point, and interval between shots. I can send a You Tube video link if you want.

I sold my $3000 USD motion lapse rig for $1500 on e-bay. Too much equipment to carry.

I edited this- here is the link to OM4 motion lapse. You can also do it with the Pocket2 if you attach the pocket to a phone and use the phone for controlling and setting everything. I use a Ulanzi but I looked at their web site and cannot find it anymore.

Here is almost the same thing in PGY Tech on Amazon. View attachment 131685View attachment 131686

Dale
Thanx for the info Dale. I have the extendable holder for the Pocket 2 and control it from my phone too….I use the iPhone 11 Pro as well. Sounds like all the motion lapse options are pretty much the same. I haven’t used plotting my own motion lapse waypoints, I just use the left to right, or opposite panning

Thank you so much. I really appreciate all the kind comments

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54