DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The DJI Mavic 3 Pro release is coming – hopefully soon

It's all little more than rumours. We're speculating at a release this year, but it could easily be that DJI is looking at market factors to do with Covid, issues around chip shortages and the on-going martime shipping bottleneck, last minute design issues, and any number of other factors before the determine the actual date. It's not inconceivable that could potentially push the release back into 2022.

I'd be looking at your business plan (you *do* have one, right?) rather than hearsay to make that call. Let's say you buy an M2P now, plus a decent number of accessories, bringing it to a round $2,000 total - what's your projected RoI timeline on that? In simple terms, and assuming you're ready to roll with clients, if that investment will let you bring in $1,000/month, then a ship date anything later than early September on the M3 sees you at a net loss. If it's $500/month, then you're looking at breaking even by November. Ideally you want to be factoring generic risks and other more specific aspects of your business into the calculation as well - and don't forget that no matter how good the M3 might be, your M2P can still continue to generate revenue even after the M3 is available.

P.S. whatever you decide to do, best of luck with the new business!
If I were you, I'd buy a MA2 or MA2S now at a cheaper price point 'cause you're gonna want a backup drone anyway. My M2P is my go to drone, but I'd like to see some improvements in intelligent flight modes. Spotlight on the MA2 is very handy.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143