DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 3 The Fairy Pools, Isle of Skye

AlbionDrones

Reactions
Site
www.youtube.com
Beloved by photographers as one of the 'must see and must capture' spots on Skye, with myriad photos of how awesome they are - perhaps I was expecting more from all the hype, but still, the clear blue waters of the pools is something unique and special, even if the 'classic photo' can only be achieved from one viewpoint with a very wide angle lens - and there was a queue of about a dozen folks with lots of gear waiting to take their turn to capture the shot...

Still, it is a decent walk, with a long steepish decent - and consequently a hard uphil slog back - but at 1000am on a Thursday morning we were not expecting to have quite so many folks around...

Keeping with the Lord of the Ring's Theme this music suggested itself to me, and I think it works...

@AlbionDrones great vid as usual ,the music was a perfect match ,with the subject matter

• Love
Reactions: AlbionDrones
Reactions: old man mavic
I understand your sentiments about the popularity of places such as these. I used to have a motorhome and completed journeys such as the NC 500 before it was known as that. Gave up the motorhome when it became too busy. In the 9 years of touring, I reckon we didn't stay on organised campsites more than a dozen times. In fact, we predominatly parked overnight up in areas where no comms signals could be obtained. ie telephone, TV, etc. I didn't have any drones then, but oh! how I wish I did.

I understand your sentiments about the popularity of places such as these. I used to have a motorhome and completed journeys such as the NC 500 before it was known as that. Gave up the motorhome when it became too busy. In the 9 years of touring, I reckon we didn't stay on organised campsites more than a dozen times. In fact, we predominatly parked overnight up in areas where no comms signals could be obtained. ie telephone, TV, etc. I didn't have any drones then, but oh! how I wish I did.
Yeah, its a 2 edged sword, part of me is happy that the tourism brings in folks to experience the beauty for themselves and to support local crafters and bsuinesses, but the other part of me understands the issues that large scale visitors cause. We have friends who ,llive on the NC 500, and I totally understand that the issues - traffic jams etc - that make them somewhat ambiguous about the increased visitors... How much tourism is sustainable, and how much will degrade the ebauty to the point that it kills the tourism...

Totally get your thoughts about places visited before drones, we are on a mission to revisit the whole of Scotland that we have explored over the last 8 years now we have a drone (or three), which is good as it gives us a reason to return, but also make us part of the problem...

Yeah, its a 2 edged sword, part of me is happy that the tourism brings in folks to experience the beauty for themselves and to support local crafters and bsuinesses, but the other part of me understands the issues that large scale visitors cause. We have friends who ,llive on the NC 500, and I totally understand that the issues - traffic jams etc - that make them somewhat ambiguous about the increased visitors... How much tourism is sustainable, and how much will degrade the ebauty to the point that it kills the tourism...

Totally get your thoughts about places visited before drones, we are on a mission to revisit the whole of Scotland that we have explored over the last 8 years now we have a drone (or three), which is good as it gives us a reason to return, but also make us part of the problem...
I totally understand. May I suggest the Ardnamurchan peninsula if you haven't already been there? And, ssshhhhhh! a little place called Ardtoe.

😍
A 'hole' appears around 1:11, do you have a view 'down' into it?
Curious that the water isn't peat stained.
I have some unused footage, but mainly of the surrounding area - I took a flight up the mountain, but reached celing before reaching ther top.. The water is striaght from the mountains, very little peat in there, so not much staining... Give it another mile or so or boggy ground and it would change...

Beloved by photographers as one of the 'must see and must capture' spots on Skye, with myriad photos of how awesome they are - perhaps I was expecting more from all the hype, but still, the clear blue waters of the pools is something unique and special, even if the 'classic photo' can only be achieved from one viewpoint with a very wide angle lens - and there was a queue of about a dozen folks with lots of gear waiting to take their turn to capture the shot...

Still, it is a decent walk, with a long steepish decent - and consequently a hard uphil slog back - but at 1000am on a Thursday morning we were not expecting to have quite so many folks around...

Keeping with the Lord of the Ring's Theme this music suggested itself to me, and I think it works...

Beautiful, music and editing are perfect, as usual !

Thank you OMM, appreciated :)
Beautifylly

Beautifully ethereal. Thanks for posting.

😍
A 'hole' appears around 1:11, do you have a view 'down' into it?
Curious that the water isn't peat stained.
I have some unused footage, but mainly of the surrounding area - I took a flight up the mountain, but reached celing before reaching ther top.. The water is striaght from the mountains, very little peat in there, so not much staining... Give it another mile or so or boggy ground and it would change...
Well done! Loved the music.
Thank you :)

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
Another great one

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Photogeezer