DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

the legal way to fly in national parks

motopokep

Reactions
please correct me if I'm wrong, but it's illegal to operate a drone within the national parks, unless you take off from outside the park? The caveats are that it has to be within visual line, and:

• If the unmanned aircraft pursuits or harasses wildlife or creates an intentional disturbance of wildlife nesting, breeding, or other activities, the user could be cited for a violation of 36 C.F.R. § 2.2.
  • If the user of the unmanned aircraft knowingly or recklessly creates a risk of public alarm or nuisance by causing noise that was unreasonable under the circumstances or by creating a hazardous or physically offensive condition, the user could be cited for disorderly conduct under 36 C.F.R. § 2.34.
  • 36 C.F.R. § 2.12(a)(3) prohibits, in non-developed areas, operating a device powered by a portable motor or engine, except pursuant to the terms and conditions of a permit.

The other point I'd like to mention is as much as we are tempted to share our questionable flight videos with the public on social media, the authorities will ultimately find these videos even years after they're posted and will go after the pilot. It's like robbing a bank and bragging about it to the whole world. Keep it to yourself.

Reactions: mereflyer
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronewithdeshaun