DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The Mavic Manpurse

dinglehead

Reactions
So.. I gotta say.. when I originally ordered the fly more package I expected to either sell, or shelve the included case for something else.

After a few weeks though, I've found I REALLY like the man purse. Its built really well, its super small and compact, and easy to get in to when out and about.

It actually a really great case. Glad I kept it.

I agree, the case is very compact and better built / better materials than i expected for a bundle. I don't put the charger in it (little too big) but that's no big deal to throw in another "bag of cables" I always travel with for phones etc.

I'm sure lots of neat solutions will be hitting the 3rd party market in the next 6 months however...

sigh...I haven't received my Combo yet but I think the DJI Man Bag will be ideal. If I'm going out for the day everything I need will fit in it.
if I'm going away for more than a day I have a Lowepro Off Road bag that everything will fit in.
I'm thinking about getting the OSMO Mobile or maybe the Karma Grip if it ever gets released that I can use with the Hero 5, either of them should fit in the Off Road bag as well I think.

Will have to read the reviews of the Karma Grip though if it's anything like the drone I don't want my camera to drop off when it starts going out of control :D

Reactions: magsta
The fly more package is awesome. It has everything in that you will need except filters. Otherwise it is great. To be honest three batteries is pretty much the sweet spot for me. I fly two and drive home with the last one ready to go most of the time. I will say this... The Mavic is an incredible flier. Reallly fun to fly and can absolutely move.

People will be envious when you pull the Mavic out of the man purse. I'd sport it too. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Glad it works for you. I find it too tight for comfort. I compare videos of people putting the drone in and pulling it out and mine is way tighter than that. I didn't risk breaking something eventually and bought something a little bigger.

Bought this case today from Amazon as a substitute for the OEM case by DJI:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01DZ53VWU

hnjnoYK.jpg

Reactions: TopQuark
For $9.99, you really can't beat it. I plan on throwing it in my backpack just like my Bose headphones case.

bose-qc25-unboxing-quietcomfort-25-quiet-comfort-25-15.jpg

Reactions: Wysiwyg
Does the mavic move around in there and press against/move the sticks on the controller? Seems like a great idea for a cheap case as long as everything doesn't move around inside it.

+1

Good question. I'd like to know too!

Tested the case on a recent trip with several different stops and hotel stays. The case held up well while hiking with the Mavic as well. The trip included several different flights during which the Mavic was in my carry on bag. Fit perfectly in my backpack and the contents don't move around or shift at all. I have a spare iPhone 6 in the case with the Mavic and the RC as well. Highly recommended and for $9.99, you can't beat it.

The case that came with the mavic pro is indeed excellent.
I went to see a friend with the case and he wanted to know where the drone was...
Once i pulled it out of this little bag he was so surprised!
What a great bag and craft. Perfect little package!!

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

I agree the case that came with the Fly More combo is great - last weekend I took my bike out for some trail rides and wrapped the case across my body over one shoulder, it stayed in place on my back perfectly.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78