DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini The Mavic Mini is following my Kayak, is it possible?

Patrick Bergeron

Reactions
Thanks to the Litchi application, it is possible to use the Follow me function with the Mavic Mini drone unlike with the DJI Fly application.
I positioned my drone at a height of 25 meters to be sure not to hit a tree.
Did you try this app with your drone ?

Thanks to the Litchi application, it is possible to use the Follow me function with the Mavic Mini drone unlike with the DJI Fly application.
I positioned my drone at a height of 25 meters to be sure not to hit a tree.
Did you try this app with your drone ?
Great video, real good test of the app.

Yep, just about all the 3rd party apps do it now. DroneLink, Litchi, Maven… Everything but DJI Fly!!

Reactions: TommyP
Yep, just about all the 3rd party apps do it now. DroneLink, Litchi, Maven… Everything but DJI Fly!!
True, even DJI GO4 does it. Have had my Spark follow me in my kayak as well.

Chris

Yeah, it puzzles me why DJI won’t allow us to use features that the hardware is clearly capable of performing, other than they want to sell you the next newer drone with better the features. Doesn’t really make sense though as the earlier Spark had that feature!! Some have speculated that the reason they won’t do it on the mini or mini 2 as they have no obstacle avoidance. We’re just lucky that the 3rd party developers are of the quality they are, and we are able to gain these features for a very low $ value compared to upgrading the drone more regularly…

Reactions: Graham1 and TommyP
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toninhostark