DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The pro's and con's of different BT300 mounts.

Steady Eddie

Reactions
Still considering pulling the trigger on the Epson BT300's.

So far as all popular Mavic Pro/Air/Spark type mounts that I've seen for the BT300 go, what bugs me is that the cable from the controller to the goggles would come out of the controller and straight into one's body when holding the arms of the controller in a normal flying posture. (Why couldn't this connection be done via Bluetooth?). This surely has to stress the cable/connector as it would inevitably come into contact with one's body. I'm pretty sure that a 90 deg proprietary Epson connector, which would solve the problem is not available.

Anyone have thoughts on this, or am I imagining a non-existent problem? I have to admit I have not even tried these glasses.

Also have my reservations about the antiquated Android 5.1 32 bit OS, which is the downfall of the disappointing CrystalSky.

Thanks.

With the official Epson mount, the OTG cable coming out the side of the BT-300 controller doesn't seem to be in the way

1576336327227.png

Not the OTG, cable, I'm talking about the controller to glasses cable.
At bottom of the above pic.

Last edited:
Not the OTG, cable, I'm talking about the controller to glasses cable.
At bottom of the above pic.

It doesn't get in the way, if your arms are bent and resting to the side of your stomach, there is room so it doesn't get kinked

Reactions: Steady Eddie
Just rotate it 90 degrees if it get in your way....
You pick the direction...
That would make it difficult to operate the touch pad and buttons on the BT-300 controller.

I can't see how the cable could get in the way unless you have some physical issue that prevents you getting your arms away from your body.

Your worrying about a problem that doesn’t exist....
Maybe not for anyone else, but it does exist for me, so here is my personal solution.
I made it from a piece of 8 mm thick perspex and scrap aluminium riveted together. The BT-300 is held onto the perspex with Velcro.
The aluminium part rests on my stomach and the neck strap supports the weight nicely while I'm flying.
I can also let the whole thing hang from my neck so I have two hands free for changing batteries etc.
Most importantly, that cable coming out the bottom of the BT-300 controller is not kinked/squashed up against my stomach, which could eventually cause a connection problem.
Works fine for me.
004.JPG

p.s. I may relocate the strap attachment points later for a better balance.

Maybe not for anyone else, but it does exist for me, so here is my personal solution.
I made it from a piece of 8 mm thick perspex and scrap aluminium riveted together. The BT-300 is held onto the perspex with Velcro.
The aluminium part rests on my stomach and the neck strap supports the weight nicely while I'm flying.
I can also let the whole thing hang from my neck so I have two hands free for changing batteries etc.
Most importantly, that cable coming out the bottom of the BT-300 controller is not kinked/squashed up against my stomach, which could eventually cause a connection problem.
Works fine for me.
View attachment 94355

p.s. I may relocate the strap attachment points later for a better balance.
That will work nicely!

Becoming higher on my list is a replacement for the epson supplied mount. Works but close to as cheap and nasty as possible, durability wasn't a design criteria.

Still considering pulling the trigger on the Epson BT300's.

So far as all popular Mavic Pro/Air/Spark type mounts that I've seen for the BT300 go, what bugs me is that the cable from the controller to the goggles would come out of the controller and straight into one's body when holding the arms of the controller in a normal flying posture. (Why couldn't this connection be done via Bluetooth?). This surely has to stress the cable/connector as it would inevitably come into contact with one's body. I'm pretty sure that a 90 deg proprietary Epson connector, which would solve the problem is not available.

Anyone have thoughts on this, or am I imagining a non-existent problem? I have to admit I have not even tried these glasses.

Also have my reservations about the antiquated Android 5.1 32 bit OS, which is the downfall of the disappointing CrystalSky.

Thanks.

I'm also ready to buy the Epson BT300, but like you, I have questions. For your situation, from the videos I saw, you will have the BT300 controller covering where you hold it, and USB comes out in front, so I dont think you would have a problem.
I would like to get my hands on one to make sure it's right for me. Pretty sure it would be....just hate to spend that much to test it.
I wont get the DJI Goggles since it would be illegal to fly using them without an observer. Dont remember the last time someone was with me when I flew. Pretty much a solo guy. No one around me is interested in drones.

Reactions: Welsh pilot
I'm also ready to buy the Epson BT300, but like you, I have questions. For your situation, from the videos I saw, you will have the BT300 controller covering where you hold it, and USB comes out in front, so I dont think you would have a problem.
I would like to get my hands on one to make sure it's right for me. Pretty sure it would be....just hate to spend that much to test it.
I wont get the DJI Goggles since it would be illegal to fly using them without an observer. Dont remember the last time someone was with me when I flew. Pretty much a solo guy. No one around me is interested in drones.
Okay...re-read your post. The cable coming out of the BT300 Controller...gotcha. I can see that might be a future problem.

Try B and H for your "auditioning" of these glasses....
If not for you, then a great and easy return policy...

Try B and H for your "auditioning" of these glasses....
If not for you, then a great and easy return policy...
I know they have a good rep....but hate to 'maybe' return something via mail.
Wish Best Buy carried them. Just walk in to return them.

I know they have a good rep....but hate to 'maybe' return something via mail.
Wish Best Buy carried them. Just walk in to return them.
They use to, that is where I got mine back in 2019

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000