DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Zoom The Secret House under Woodcote Hill

Really well done! Kudos to all contributors, especially the writer.

What was the source of the LIDAR imagery?

Reactions: restyler
I really enjoyed watching, thanks for sharing!

Thanks,
I used LidarFinder.com which presently covers around 60% of the UK.
Not sure which Lidar mapping service covers the US
View attachment 159800
Thanks for the reference to lidarfinder.com. It looks outstanding, but as you wrote does not cover the USA.

Perhaps someone will post about a similar service here? I wonder if there is a LIDAR layer on ArcGIS?

As part of a local history group, a few of us investigated a long forgotten Ice House, which I then expanded upon after flying above it with my M2Z
I really enjoyed that. The first video I have watched with a professional narrator. The drone used as a vantage point for a documentary was really done. The whole productions was very professional and top notch. Very well done!

Very well done. Your narrator was excellent. I might suggest that you should have stuck with white as the color to show off the carvings in the sandstone. The red was hard to see after YouTbe compression. But that was a very col effect that I have never seen before so Bravo!

Reactions: Geofff and GFields
As part of a local history group, a few of us investigated a long forgotten Ice House, which I then expanded upon after flying above it with my M2Z
Congratulations on an extremely well produced and filmed and very professional presentation, worthy of any National Geographic Documentary . I'd really love to know how in the heck you did the initials-carving shots!

Dale
Miami

Reactions: Geofff and restyler
I just used photoshop to paint over the carvings that looked like they'd been done at the same time and then tried to order them from left to right - a simple process, but it did take a few hours to do.

As for comments about my 'professional narrator', that was simply one of the voices from the Amazon Polly voice synthesis service - which incidentaly is totally free & very easy to use
:)

Heres one of the walls I didnt use in the video, mostly as it looked a bit more recent & I couldn't decipher the writing
- Possible Clue: Between 1949 - 1981 the hall was used by Irish Priests :REF:
So if anyone wants to have a go .....

Attachments

• _1185743-3line codec.jpg
    _1185743-3line codec.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Reactions: Geofff
I meant no disrespect, and it looks as though I misspoke in my question. This video is well done, and I may take a cue from you and attempt to duplicate a video using a computer-generated narrator. What I saw on the right-hand wall of the the ice house entryway at 2:48 is what I was referring to.

I meant no disrespect, and it looks as though I misspoke in my question. This video is well done, and I may take a cue from you and attempt to duplicate a video using a computer-generated narrator. What I saw on the right-hand wall of the the ice house entryway at 2:48 is what I was referring to.
Absolutely no disrespect taken - :cool:
Ive been scouring over that frame but still cant make out any cat like shape?
Although the 'arched' hole in the wall at 2m48s was one of the more rudimentary 'caves' a few metres away from the main 'squarer' ice house entrance.
Anyway, the original image is attached below. Let me know if you spot anything else on it.

Attachments

• _1175726.JPG
    _1175726.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 2
Absolutely no disrespect taken - :cool:
Ive been scouring over that frame but still cant make out any cat like shape?
Although the 'arched' hole in the wall at 2m48s was one of the more rudimentary 'caves' a few metres away from the main 'squarer' ice house entrance.
Anyway, the original image is attached below. Let me know if you spot anything else on it.
It went by pretty fast when I first viewed your video, but here's a couple screenshots, enhanced for better clarity. The ears and face caught my attention.
Happy flying.Cat Engraving.pngEntrance and Wall.png

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661