DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The sound of the MM's motors, a question.

• Thread starter Deleted member 103366
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 103366

I have just got new hearing aids and have been told to wear them even if they do no good as they will provide some stimulus to hearing systems of the brain etc. etc.
The result is that I can now hear the MM.....sort of.......when it is close.........I get a sort of roar. I have lost my hearing so I know what sounds are like.
My question is, if the MM is hovering near to you, does the frequency of the sound you hear increase as you give the drone throttle?
I can't tell and it's out of range too quickly for a sustained 'check'.

I have just got new hearing aids and have been told to wear them even if they do no good as they will provide some stimulus to hearing systems of the brain etc. etc.
The result is that I can now hear the MM.....sort of.......when it is close.........I get a sort of roar. I have lost my hearing so I know what sounds are like.
My question is, if the MM is hovering near to you, does the frequency of the sound you hear increase as you give the drone throttle?
I can't tell and it's out of range too quickly for a sustained 'check'.
Yes. As the motors rotate faster the frequency goes up.

FPV pilots actually put a microphone on their drones and send the audio back to them while they are flying. They use the frequency of the sound from the rotors to determine how hard the motors are running.

FPV pilots actually put a microphone on their drones and send the audio back to them while they are flying. They use the frequency of the sound from the rotors to determine how hard the motors are running.
Oh that's a neat idea,

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: dirkclod
Oh that's a neat idea,

Just realised this is in the wrong forum, sorry, can a mod please move it?
Not wrong forum just wrong section. Moved it for you ?

There's a fairly noticable increase in sound frequency when going from steady hover to part or full throttle to gain altitude. It goes in tandem with the motor speeds, which you're probably fairly familiar with from dabbling in flight log analysis.

For me it sounds a bit like a moped with a continuously variable drive when the throttle is opened up.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair