DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 The Standing Stones of Stennes, Orkney

AlbionDrones

Reactions
Site
www.youtube.com
Another iconic Neolithic Orkney site is the subject of todays drone video, the Standing Stones of Stennes.

An early morning afforded us some time alone with the site, and a chance to fly the drone, although the sheep in the field did mean I had to stay further away and keep a height above what I wanted, but better to do so than to spook the sheep.

Anyhows, a couple of minutes of peace at Stennes, enjoy...

Thanks Jim, all depends on what you want to know? Neolithic in origin, so about 5K years old - I included the Wikipedia info on the Youtube Post - and a part of the Heart of Neolithic Orkney, allegedly for the living whereas the Ring of Brodgar - which is linked by a processional trackway - is for the dead...

Made from the Orkney flagstone, the rocks of orkney split naturally into long 'flagstones' and are used in many of the monuments as well as flooring in many of the older houses...

Nowadays it is a scheduled ancient monument and one of the most visited on Orkney, we visited twice while we were there, both times it was peacful, a calm place and somewhere I would spend time... I played my NA Flute as an offerring and picked up a tick as my reward...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vlad_Zherikhov