DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Thought i'd lost her.

JonnyBenson

Reactions
Was out yesterday morning looking to get some sunrise pictures when she freaked out on me.

I don't really know how to describe this one but here goes.

It was approx 800-1000 meters away and 400-500 meters up when the picture on my screen went almost sideways. I initially thought it was falling as this happened maybe 5-6 times during 10sec. However i was able to still decend. I had no warning for strong winds so i've no idea what could have happened. And unfortunately i have no footage as i wasn't recording at the time.

That wasn't all, after i got over the fact i thought she was going, something else happened.

I still had around 45% battery left but obviously i got scared and started to bring it back. I couldn't just go straight down because i was over a river. At about 400m away and still roughly 100m up it braked suddenly and i got the return sticks to midpoints message. This happened all the way back. For a while it would only fly 3-4 secs and brake again.

Thats all the info i have. When i landed i put it straight in the bag and went home with two full batteries [emoji22]

Any ideas what happened?

Cheers

Was out yesterday morning looking to get some sunrise pictures when she freaked out on me.

I don't really know how to describe this one but here goes.

It was approx 800-1000 meters away and 400-500 meters up when the picture on my screen went almost sideways. I initially thought it was falling as this happened maybe 5-6 times during 10sec. However i was able to still decend. I had no warning for strong winds so i've no idea what could have happened. And unfortunately i have no footage as i wasn't recording at the time.

That wasn't all, after i got over the fact i thought she was going, something else happened.

I still had around 45% battery left but obviously i got scared and started to bring it back. I couldn't just go straight down because i was over a river. At about 400m away and still roughly 100m up it braked suddenly and i got the return sticks to midpoints message. This happened all the way back. For a while it would only fly 3-4 secs and brake again.

Thats all the info i have. When i landed i put it straight in the bag and went home with two full batteries [emoji22]

Any ideas what happened?

Cheers
Here's one image i took before this all happened.DJI_0014-03-01.jpeg

upload the log

Sounds like a gimbal reset in the air. that seems to happens sometimes.
The braking might be the obstacle avoidance detecting the sun-glare as an object and brake. (personally I turned all OA off.)

Reactions: JonnyBenson
upload the log

The braking might be the obstacle avoidance detecting the sun-glare as an object and brake. (personally I turned all OA off.)
Meatloaf could write a song about what I am thinking!!! :DThumbswayup

upload the log

Strange. First issue i've had in 8 months. Scared the hell out of me though.

Don't think the braking was down to glare. Flying away from the sun and nothing else around. No idea [emoji20]

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wiz4rd