DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Throw and Go Mini 3

AnGo

Reactions
Despite of Mini 1 and 2 supported the possibility to launch the drone by throwing it in the air after starting up the motors, the Mini 3 unfortunately lacks this feature currently.
I hope this will be added in the future, but for the time being, don't expect it to work to prevent accidently damaging the drone.

Reactions: Bussty
Although the older "supported" it, I cannot recommend this as intended start anyway. I would be much too frightful to brake something. 😆

Reactions: Bussty
I can't help but wonder how many people actually throw an quadcopter drone into the the air as a routine method of launching it?
I know that this is the only method of launching one or more of the plane type drones and I routinely hand launch by starting the motors and then either
a) moving my hand in such a way as to get the motors to respond and then lowering my hand or
b) giving it enough throttle to lift off my hand ......

But actually showing the drone into the air .........naaaah, not my cup of tea. Especially with a brand new drone costing around £639 to replace, roughly 50% more than what I paid for my brand new mavic mini combo

I am also wondering if this thread is due to the "Take off nudge removed?" thread over on the DJI forum or entirely separate?

Last edited:
Not something i would ever do even if they bought in as an option.

The good old Tello has this feauture too.
And for me it works flawless, so why not for the Mini 3P ?

Reactions: AnGo
I'm quite sure that DJI Care Refresh will get so many tickets due to this that they will have no other choice than to add the feature again ;) I can't believe that I am really the only one who expected the feature to exist here, too, and just used to it after 2 years with the previous models.

I'm quite sure that DJI Care Refresh will get so many tickets due to this that they
I would suspect that DJI make a profit on the care refresh scheme, I can't see them pricing it so that they lose money, can you?

I'm quite sure that DJI Care Refresh will get so many tickets due to this that they will have no other choice than to add the feature again ;) I can't believe that I am really the only one who expected the feature to exist here, too, and just used to it after 2 years with the previous models.

I have a little $20 drone that I bought as a rainy day indoor gadget to tinker with. It includes the toss-and-fly feature. I've used it a few times, but honestly can't see much advantage to it, other than as a curiosity or gimmick. With a larger, more expensive drone I wouldn't consider throwing it into the air to launch. Small benefit/potential huge problem.

Based on my experiences, exposure to other drone owners, reading this and other forums, you may indeed be the only one wanting this feature in a serious drone. But, that's ok.

Another thought just occurred to me. I see that you're from Germany, so English may be a second language. Might we be thinking of different things when we say "throw?"

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser