DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Thunderstorm picture

You obviously understand that taking screenshots from video is the best way to insure you get the picture!
And on top of that, it's a really great one!

Reactions: TexasTigers88!
Awesome, thanks for sharing!

You obviously understand that taking screenshots from video is the best way to insure you get the picture!
And on top of that, it's a really great one!
I have never taken a screenshot from a video is it close to the quality of taking a photo in raw . Can you still make adjustments on the screen shot in Lightfoot.
Thanks

I have never taken a screenshot from a video is it close to the quality of taking a photo in raw . Can you still make adjustments on the screen shot in Lightfoot.
Thanks

Video shots are highly compessed. For the highest quality pictures, take interval shots in raw format.

The trade off for the higher quality is the lightning might strike in between shots and you will miss some bolts

Video shots are highly compessed. For the highest quality pictures, take interval shots in raw format.

The trade off for the higher quality is the lightning might strike in between shots and you will miss some bolts
Thx. Do I need to put a filter on the lenses for these night shots?

Yes I see what you are saying, and the video shots could be printed and look good.
Thanks

Thx. Do I need to put a filter on the lenses for these night shots?

i wouldn’t, the sensors are so small they don’t collect light very well and no need to reduce it. An exception would be if you were doing super long exposures to get multiple strikes in the same frame, but that is really for tripod cameras. I have never tried that on a drone and doubt if it would look good.

Actually now that I said that, I might try it the next time I come across a storm at night. The lightning strikes are brief enough that the motion blur on the strikes would be minimal, and the distracting blur from other objects could be eliminated with the use of filters.

Not sure how it would look, but I’ll try. But yeah, for capturing single strikes, I wouldn’t use filters.

Yes, very nice

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada