DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Tilted | Halifax, Nova Scotia | Tilt shift & Time lapse + DJI Mini 3 Pro

Wow. Very, very nice work. I know it's a good video when I watch the entire thing without skipping ahead and spontaneously smile every few seconds. Another good indicator of quality is the fact that I planned to forward it to a couple of friends before reaching the 30-second mark.

The video is crisp and clear and does a great job of showcasing the city of Halifax.

The sound track is wonderful, the best I can recall hearing on a drone video. You did some really fine editing work.

More, please.

I must be honest, I find the blur effect (tilt shift? I'm not familiar with it, was that what that was?) not to my liking. It's a well edited video, however, and some great footage. The time lapses are great, the colour correction etc is very good, some scenes looked like they were toy models in a moving diorama.

I just came back from Halifax and wanted to get some footage of the waterfront, as I have my Advanced. However, as I discovered, CFB SHEARWATER being a military aerodrome, one still needs an SFOC to operate within 3nm, which includes about half the piers up to the tip of Cable Wharf.

Ironically, one can fly right over CFB HALIFAX aka His Majesty's Dockyard, but not nearer than 3nm to Shearwater. As it was, I had limited opportunities and the one day I was in downtown it was a tad too rainy.

Good work!

Reactions: Jug's Life
Wow. Very, very nice work. I know it's a good video when I watch the entire thing without skipping ahead and spontaneously smile every few seconds. Another good indicator of quality is the fact that I planned to forward it to a couple of friends before reaching the 30-second mark.

The video is crisp and clear and does a great job of showcasing the city of Halifax.

The sound track is wonderful, the best I can recall hearing on a drone video. You did some really fine editing work.

More, please.
Thank you, much appreciated. THERE is another one I did a while back here

I must be honest, I find the blur effect (tilt shift? I'm not familiar with it, was that what that was?) not to my liking. It's a well edited video, however, and some great footage. The time lapses are great, the colour correction etc is very good, some scenes looked like they were toy models in a moving diorama.

I just came back from Halifax and wanted to get some footage of the waterfront, as I have my Advanced. However, as I discovered, CFB SHEARWATER being a military aerodrome, one still needs an SFOC to operate within 3nm, which includes about half the piers up to the tip of Cable Wharf.

Ironically, one can fly right over CFB HALIFAX aka His Majesty's Dockyard, but not nearer than 3nm to Shearwater. As it was, I had limited opportunities and the one day I was in downtown it was a tad too rainy.

Good work!
Shearwater is easy to deal with, they can authorize you within hours. Its basically an email and a form. I fly a Matrice 300 for work in the HRM and Canada.

I have my advanced, but because the mini 3 pro is considered a micro drone you can fly everywhere EXCEPT CYR - Military Restricted, or NOTAM Restricted (political events/fires).

Shearwater is a CYA, advisory only.

You probably have already but I use the NAV Canada web app and its the official app for transport Canada.

Reactions: rjwmorrell
Ah, see when I planned my flight in Nav Canada I got the message "not allowed - your requested operation is within 3 nm from the centre of a military aerodrome. Advanced operations not permitted without a SFOC".

As long as I adjusted the flight area to outside of the Shearwater control zone it was fine. The SFOC-RPAS would be a low-risk type, but there's the checklist and the wait to submit the email and I wasn't sure how long that would all take, so I didn't bother.

Matrice 300? Nice! I'm jealous. I'm trying to see if work will launch a drone program and purchase one of those.

Yeah next time in NAV app, select micro drone instead. Happy flying.

Reactions: rjwmorrell
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jlhdez