DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tilted horizon - Mavic 2 Pro

topgun1979

Reactions
Recently had a minor crash. The drone still flies good and the camera quality is still perfect. I have noticed that there is a horizon tilt when flying forward at faster speeds and turning. It this caused possibly by the loose rear arm that I have? Is that causing it to be off pitch or can I repay the gimbal? Really want to get it fixed ASAP!!!

Firstly, I would suggest not flying with a loose rear arm, as there may be an increased risk of further failure while flying. I say this having a bad experience with my M2 after I slipped on icy steps and threw the most expensive item I was carrying. Only hidden damage so I flew anyway, and it fell out of the sky with a failed front arm causing more damage. I replaced front and rear arms myself (I was a Navy ET years ago, so much experience soldering etc).

Rear arm pivot is a black plastic bushing mounted in the lower shell, (mine was trashed but the shell was fine). The spring loaded inside hinge was also damaged as well as the plastic arm shaft - none of this damage was visible, but the arm was loose!

After a crash, you should recalibrate everything, gimbal, IMU, compass, collision avoidance cameras etc, using DJIGO4 with your computer. I'm thinking that may level your gimbal.

I’ve completed those steps and the horizon tilts when flying faster and turning. Otherwise, the camera is fine. Could the rear arm being loose be throwing off the pitch when it flies hence causing the issue???

I’ve completed those steps and the horizon tilts when flying faster and turning. Otherwise, the camera is fine. Could the rear arm being loose be throwing off the pitch when it flies hence causing the issue???
Doubt it. If it flies straight then the only pitch would be forward. More likely a gimbal problem. Turn it on but do not start motors and tilt with your hand to see if you can replicate the problem. Does it tilt when turning both left and right?

Check the little rubber bands behind the gimble. May have fallen off or broke.

Would replacing the rubber bands or shock absorber plate help?

Attachments

• 7BB422E6-0769-47DC-BB42-5B8D68954F61.jpeg
    7BB422E6-0769-47DC-BB42-5B8D68954F61.jpeg
    375.1 KB · Views: 19
  • 1BF1051B-F2B8-4F09-ABFD-E6E7E2DE8DD6.jpeg
    1BF1051B-F2B8-4F09-ABFD-E6E7E2DE8DD6.jpeg
    932.9 KB · Views: 19
There is gimbal settings in the DJI Go 4 app to correct tilted horizon. You can search tutorials for this. Here is a link for a good overview of all the settings in the DJI Go 4 app.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31