DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Time to buy?

CraigVMN

Reactions
I'm looking to step up to the classic 3 (with RC N1) and I'm wondering if the kinks have been worked out and I can count on having a good flyer?

Reactions: Dbez1
I'm looking to step up to the classic 3 (with RC N1) and I'm wondering if the kinks have been worked out and I can count on having a good flyer?
I just recently upgraded to the Classic and it's a superb aircraft with no "kinks". The aircraft itself is an excellent choice and performs flawlessly. It comes down to your choice of remotes. The N1 has advantages over the RC and RC-Pro in that you use your own device for the screen which allows better maps and any 3rd party apps you want. The disadvantage of the N1 is that it only has one scroll wheel while both the RC and RC Pro have 2.

When you say classic 3 with RC-N1, I am assuming you are talking about the Mavic 3 with the 7X Tele lens since it comes with that controller - yes all the problems and missing features have been fixed and added in. It’s a great flier.

Chris

When you say classic 3 with RC-N1, I am assuming you are talking about the Mavic 3 with the 7X Tele lens since it comes with that controller - yes all the problems and missing features have been fixed and added in. It’s a great flier.

Chris
The Classic can be ordered with either remote.

Reactions: Chrislaf

Chris
No, looking at the classic. I watched a lot of early reviews where people had issues with things like loss of contact & such.

@CraigVMN, since you are in the US, you might consider a refurbed M3 with the Tele lens. They are not much more expensive than the M3 Classic and the additional camera opens a whole new world of options. I love the 7X Tele lens on my M3 and use it all the time. There are lots of threads on here about the advantages of purchasing the refurbished M3 with the Tele lens over the new M3 Classic.

Chris

No, looking at the classic. I watched a lot of early reviews where people had issues with things like loss of contact & such.
With regard to controllers, my Mavic 3 came with the RC-N1 controller and I used it for awhile with my iPhone XR which I had used with my other older drones previously. I never had any problems with signal stability with the controller but I don't fly out of VLOS so range would never really factor for me. I have since upgraded to the RC Pro controller which I love. I wanted a brighter screen that I could use without a sunshade that didn't overheat in hot sun and shutdown in cold weather, a cable free connection, and lots of customizable buttons.

Chris

I’ll vote for what is in post number 6.
I do have the M3(wasn’t a refurb)and have no real complaints.
I did wait for some of the kinks to disappear prior to the $ disappearing for my pocket. RC pro controller without a doubt.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Since it is just a stripped down Mavic 3, without the venerable 7x telephoto, there were no remaining kinks to work out, unlike the Mavic 3, which originally shipped almost a year earlier. The Mavic 3 Classic is also a good flyer, but why give up the 7x telephoto? Compared to a Refurbished Mavic 3 with the RC-N1, the Mavic 3 Classic price savings is almost nil! Mavic3 also comes with a locking gimbal and a much more robust jock strap than the Mavic 3 Classic.

Reactions: Anthony Ivory
My only issue with my Mavic 3 is that there will never be an SDK, so no Litchi. Waypoints that were added this year gets you part way to the Litchi capability for preprogrammed missions. It that isn’t an issue then you will like you M3 Classic.

I have been flying the Mavic Air for quite some years and have never liked fidgeting with the controller and a cell phone. So when I bought the Mavic 3 Classic at the end of last year I opted for the package with the RC and I must say that the whole start up procedure has shortened considerably before each flight. Plus the controller has a screen that is much clearer than a cell phone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1