DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

To Refresh or not, that is the question?

fguthrie

Reactions
Recently I posted a thread about a "Drone Eating Tree" where I watched my M2P fall through branches for about 50 feet before falling to the ground on its feet. You can see that post here: Drone Eating Tree!! Amazingly, after several flights it seems to be operating as it should. Even so, my DJI Refresh program expires on 11-26-2020. I executed the Refresh program once already, so this time it will cost $139. The question is, would you execute the Refresh or let it go? Thanks.

with respect that is something that only you can decide my fellow flier, anyone who responds will have their own reasons for the advice they give you
but as you have asked then for me i would go for the refresh ,in case there is any internal damage ,that could bring the drone down at a later date

with respect that is something that only you can decide my fellow flier, anyone who responds will have their own reasons for the advice they give you
but as you have asked then for me i would go for the refresh ,in case there is any internal damage ,that could bring the drone down at a later date
That is something I was thinking about too - thanks for the reply.

Reactions: old man mavic
IMHO!
Most cases of pilots benefitting from the refresh program is to claim due to “pilot error”. Not all, but most.
So that’s where your own experience, care etc will help you decide.

Me? I have flown hundreds of hours and never crashed! Been in dodgy winds or near trees, over water etc of course but I knew what to do.

IMHO!
Most cases of pilots benefitting from the refresh program is to claim due to “pilot error”. Not all, but most.
So that’s where your own experience, care etc will help you decide.

Me? I have flown hundreds of hours and never crashed! Been in dodgy winds or near trees, over water etc of course but I knew what to do.
You have been very fortunate!

? I put it down to planning and deliberate execution, fortunate that I knew what I wanted to do and did it.
It’s carelessness, inexperience or wildness that is the major cause of problems. Of course technical malfunctions happen but that’s why I said ‘most’ not all!

I’ve had my hairy moments eg in strong winds but managed to lower, control and bring back. So far so good ??

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roligtroll