DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Toketee Falls for Drone pilots

some very brave and risky flying there, loss of GPS was a constant possibility, when you were so low down,and surrounded by obstacles

some very brave and risky flying there, loss of GPS was a constant possibility, when you were so low down,and surrounded by obstacles
Some of the best shots come out of risky places. I had Someone pretty special guiding the sticks of my controller!
Yes, my GPS went away as I dropped down into the hole. I was already in a deep canyon at the launch pad that was a couple hundred ft. higher.
Yes, my DJI Smart Controller screen went BLACK while near the bottom of the falls..........very disconcerting. I will post later some video footage showing the black screen and the maneuvers the Mavic 2 Pro started making on it's own while down in the hole. My assistant, "spotter" had another camera running during the entire flight.

Not a good time for a forced RTH! Nicely done!
It is pretty scary flying over water under adverse conditions. Flying FPV to get into tight spots is spooky enough, but when the satellites start dropping off and the controller screen goes black, it makes me want to head for land, (hopefully not a tree) as soon as possible.
I will post another video showing what I did at Toketee Falls in a day or two. I will have an ending to the video just for Drone Pilots.Stay tuned.

Reactions: OregonEd
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mavick63