Join Us Now

Town aerial overview

Status
Not open for further replies.

MKurr

Reactions
Site
www.youtube.com
Here I tried to show a town from the air in under 5 mins, please tell me what you think I should do differently next time:

For starters, you were 3.5 miles from an airport which I can safely assume you did not notify, over unprotected people in a highly populated area, over I-87 traffic, in dangerously close proximity to city traffic, and very close to power lines. I'd pull that video down if I were you.

Holy crap. I’m not even going to mention rules and laws, but that low low flight over moving traffic was just irresponsible. That’s as far as I got

@MKurr I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest you remove that video from YouTube my friend. As mentioned already you've busted some big No-No's and just did some things that are in very bad taste for our community.

1. Don't fly over People
  2. Don't fly over roads
  3. Don't fly directly over on-coming traffic

I didn't even watch the whole thing to be honest.

Just some friendly advice from one sUAS operator to another. I wouldn't do those things and I sure wouldn't put it on the internet for people to see and potentially try to turn you in.

Allen

Reactions: Thanatos and Ken K
Specific to the USA but most is applicable anywhere.
A good read.

Very true... I didn't think to make that part of the post... good call.

The OP is from New York so def USA.

Reactions: Thanatos
Last time i commented on a video similar to yours my post was removed.

I'm confident that there is more to that story but this thread isn't the time or place.

Reactions: dirkclod
Ah, yes, flying over traffic.... Very bad idea, I know... So you think I should pull it?

Ah, yes, flying over traffic.... Very bad idea, I know... So you think I should pull it?

Personally I would pull it from YT and pretend like it never happened. No sense in leaving the evidence of the crime and make it any easier for them.

Reactions: MKurr
If I saw a drone flying towards me whilst driving I would be distracted , therefore you could easily cause an accident, take the advice onboard quick buddy

Reactions: MKurr and BigAl07
I guess I'll make it unlisted
Please pull it - as otherwise it just becomes more 'evidence' for the anti-drone lobby to beat us all up with ...
On the positive side - When you fly in places that don't break the rules, I'm sure you'll produce some nice videos!

Good work.
There are a lot of shots that can be defended and even gain approvals for that others will criticise without knowing any background, but I can’t imagine that low flying over traffic would gain approval anywhere.plus as mentioned, it is video evidence for the anti drone people to point at.
Thanks for pulling the video

Reactions: Thanatos and MKurr
*Thread CLOSED*

Reactions: Thanatos
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads