DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Transferring files from Mini 3

eznoh

Reactions
I'm having problems transferring files from my mini 3 to my PC. I used to be able to connect a USB cable and use file explorer to transfer the files but now the transfer fails with a message about "unexpected error" and the "wrong diskette" being used?? The quick transfer feature won't work because there is not room on the phone for the files and there seems to be no way to re-direct the files to the SD card on the phone. I was able to transfer files to the phone using the USB - USB cable but it took about an hour for one file.

Mike

Attachments

• picture001.jpg
    picture001.jpg
    196.6 KB · Views: 10
  • picture002.jpg
    picture002.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 10
I'm having problems transferring files from my mini 3 to my PC.
The fastest and simplest way is to buy a $3 USB adapter and pop the SD card in that and put the adapter in the PC.
i-LHSQdpp-M.jpg

I found that connecting the Mini 3 to the computer with a cable resulted in overheating similar to that encountered when doing firmware upgrades.

Using an adaptor similar to the one Meta4 shows results in no overheating and file transfers at twice the speed as with the USB cable.

i don't like turning on the drone just to transfer files. So I pull the card out and use a card reader.

Using any device as a card reader doesn't work well. Cameras, audio recorders, drones...it's always pretty much the same. Yank the card, pop it in real card reader, and zip right along. Lots of laptops have built-in SD card readers now, and they're very fast indeed.

Reactions: Greasy
I'm having problems transferring files from my mini 3 to my PC. I used to be able to connect a USB cable and use file explorer to transfer the files but now the transfer fails with a message about "unexpected error" and the "wrong diskette" being used?? The quick transfer feature won't work because there is not room on the phone for the files and there seems to be no way to re-direct the files to the SD card on the phone. I was able to transfer files to the phone using the USB - USB cable but it took about an hour for one file.

Mike
Try this Redirecting
Apparently in this case, quite to similar to yours, connecting to a non-USB3.1 port fixed it. It’s an interesting read as well.

Also, in the future, you want want to configure you Windows Explorer to display all file extensions. It can help in troubleshooting.

Of course a card reader is the best workaround, but I also want things to work the way they should ,so figuring out the cause also makes sense. 😉

Last edited:
The main disadvantage of microSD card removal is the SPROINGGGgggg! when it explodes out of the card slot and is lost to eternity.

You have been warned. :)

Reactions: sbunting
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlaut