DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Trouble downloading fly safe data with new Mavic Air 2 and Smart Controller

judell

Reactions
I just got the new Combo and have successfully linked the controller with the drone
I gout a message that I needed to download a new version of the Flysafe data.
Nothing is downloading. I have a network connection
Also noticed it took 12+ hours to charge the controller out of the box.
Help and suggestions are appreciated.
FWIW I have a SIM card in the drone but not wine in the controller.
Does that make a difference?
Thanks
Jerry

@judell you need to have the RC and drone connected as if you were going to fly, props off for safety ,and then it should come up on the device screen new fly safe data available click on download ,and it should then download it to the drone ,if the message does not appear on the start up screen go onto settings and click about and the select update fly safe and it will do it if there is a new version available

Thanks. Actually I was outside my home with a good WiFi connection just about to take off when the message appeared. Clicked on download and the circle just kept on circling.. aircraft would take off but the message was still there on the next startup. Weird. Thanks for the info. Will try again. Any idea why it takes so long to charge the battery on the controller? Is it defective? Should I try to return it?
thanks agin.

@judell i have not had experience of the SC ,but it could be the charger you are using ,thats making it take a long time ,it depends on the Wattage output of the charger,but all RCs seem to take longer to charge when they are first used ,as the battery will be very low and will take a few charges to get up to full power ,if you are concerned ,then do as you suggest and return it

Thanks. Actually I was outside my home with a good WiFi connection just about to take off when the message appeared. Clicked on download and the circle just kept on circling.. aircraft would take off but the message was still there on the next startup. Weird. Thanks for the info. Will try again. Any idea why it takes so long to charge the battery on the controller? Is it defective? Should I try to return it?
thanks agin.
The smart controller can be charged from the battery module, but charging is very slow. There should be a small charging adapter in your combo which is specifically supplied for rapid charging.

Reactions: s2seyecle
Glad I could help, I am just up the road in London.
Now that the restrictions are being lifted, we should get together and fly.
LMK your schedule. Maybe we can meet somewhere 1/2 way like Chatham.
Thanks again for the help
Take care
Jerry

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98