DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 Tua Pek Kong Temple (Malaysia)

MPone

Reactions
Tua Pek Kong Temple is located in the Manjung district of Perak, near Sitiawan. It is thought to be over 100 years old. The temple was built with the highest and largest 48-foot-long Tua Pek Kong’s stone carvings in Malaysia, there is Guanyin’s stone and the Queen Mother’s stone, as well as a total of 98 sacred gold sculptures of various sizes in this temple. There is an attractive landscaped garden with koi ponds, artificial rocks and more statues. A large seated Maitreya Buddha statue occupies pride of place in the center of the temple.

I love the architect. Thanks for the video.

Reactions: MPone
Thank you for your wonderful videos. As someone who will be traveling to Malaysia this summer shooting some vlogs, this is very helpful to get a feel for the landscape. I am also trying to understand how the drone laws work in practice in Malaysia. The rules appear to be very restrictive as I am reading them and I am wondering if it is worth bringing the drone at all.

Is it possible to fly over parks and near beaches? That would seem to be a problem with the CAAM requirement to not fly within 150m of designated areas. Designated areas are defined as “any area which is used for residential, commercial, industrial or recreational purposes.”

To fly over a park or beach (for example), it would not be possible to go higher since max altitude is 400ft/120m. Of course if you are able to go to the trouble of obtaining special permission from the CAAM then other things are possible.

Is it possible to fly over or near a temple “within 50 metres of any structure which is not under the control of the person in charge of the aircraft?” Altitude is helpful here at least.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Thank you for your wonderful videos. As someone who will be traveling to Malaysia this summer shooting some vlogs, this is very helpful to get a feel for the landscape. I am also trying to understand how the drone laws work in practice in Malaysia. The rules appear to be very restrictive as I am reading them and I am wondering if it is worth bringing the drone at all.

Is it possible to fly over parks and near beaches? That would seem to be a problem with the CAAM requirement to not fly within 150m of designated areas. Designated areas are defined as “any area which is used for residential, commercial, industrial or recreational purposes.”

To fly over a park or beach (for example), it would not be possible to go higher since max altitude is 400ft/120m. Of course if you are able to go to the trouble of obtaining special permission from the CAAM then other things are possible.

Is it possible to fly over or near a temple “within 50 metres of any structure which is not under the control of the person in charge of the aircraft?” Altitude is helpful here at least.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.
Do bring your drone to Malaysia. I fly everywhere I can. Rules are not so strict and they’re not enforced throughly. There will be nofly geozones around airports same like here in the USA. But of course fly safely. I drone around beaches but do not fly close to people. Most parks are remote jungles, very inaccessible and hardly anyone around.

Do bring your drone to Malaysia. I fly everywhere I can. Rules are not so strict and they’re not enforced throughly. There will be nofly geozones around airports same like here in the USA. But of course fly safely. I drone around beaches but do not fly close to people. Most parks are remote jungles, very inaccessible and hardly anyone around.
Thank you. That is helpful.

Were you ever hassled/questioned by anyone in your travels with your drone?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu