DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Turning off obstacle avoiding in tripod mode???

A very good idea. Sure I will try. I often use the menu to deactivate the down sensors just to make it land in my hand. I am new to all this but I will make the C1 button do it. And probably with C2 button it would be possible to deactivate all sensors in case of need.

I did it this way and it is just exactly what i needed...
Thanks a lot
a slightly better, or, may be an alternative way, is to replace tripod mode with an ATTI mode that disables both gps and optical sensors. that is what i did now, and in some cases it is safer thing to have, if you need to liftoff indoors where gps signal exists but is sporadic and unreliable. the ideal mode would be to have atti mode combined with optical sensors you could enable or disable, but, they did not do it and i could not find any way to get it done via params. so, an atti mode - a pure stabilize mode with no sensors active - is the only safer alternative.

i am not sure what to do with C1 button and for now it is also set to disable optical but sometimes it is better to have autofocus on it as in video mode it is not doing automatic AF - you need to refocus it from time to time. it is very annoying. C2 is set to camera settings, it is the best one for it for sure.

it is truly beyond me why dji placed so miserably insufficient amount of switches on their controller. i have 2 times more control switches on the taranis and it is all customizable. i really miss 3 way switches and rotating dials to control gimbal and camera.

I still didnt get how to activate ATTI mode...
I have it automaticalky when turning on drone indoors?
a slightly better, or, may be an alternative way, is to replace tripod mode with an ATTI mode that disables both gps and optical sensors. that is what i did now, and in some cases it is safer thing to have, if you need to liftoff indoors where gps signal exists but is sporadic and unreliable. the ideal mode would be to have atti mode combined with optical sensors you could enable or disable, but, they did not do it and i could not find any way to get it done via params. so, an atti mode - a pure stabilize mode with no sensors active - is the only safer alternative.

i am not sure what to do with C1 button and for now it is also set to disable optical but sometimes it is better to have autofocus on it as in video mode it is not doing automatic AF - you need to refocus it from time to time. it is very annoying. C2 is set to camera settings, it is the best one for it for sure.

it is truly beyond me why dji placed so miserably insufficient amount of switches on their controller. i have 2 times more control switches on the taranis and it is all customizable. i really miss 3 way switches and rotating dials to control gimbal and camera.

I still didnt get how to activate ATTI mode...
I have it automaticalky when turning on drone indoors?
this thread
Mavic 2 Atti mode

the key is to find an old original mavic`s dji assistant ver 1.1.2. it was written in javascript mostly and has some line that activates debugger that allows to see and alter internal variables in the flight controller.
it is very straight forward, but takes some effort. you can install old 1.1.2 assistant in the different folder, just make sure not to do _anything_ else from it on mavic 2. all you can do wiht it on mavic 2 is to click at 'parameters' section and alter what is there. also make sure to take a screenshot of anything you alter before you altered it.

when you turn it indoors you get initially a usual P mode - if you started in it - in the 'optical path' mode. the issue is, as soon as it hooks to sats it will autoswtich into the gps mode and then it can jump sideways and crash as gps signal indoors will be faulty. also, sometimes indoors optical restrictions prevent drone form moving.
the best way, again, would be an atti mode combined with the bottom lidar that controls the altitude - well, it is all quite technical - the only issue is that dji did not really expose much of what this model could do. and it is regretful.

Reactions: afarkas
Ah... su butcher the code... :D :D :D
will this void my warranty?

this thread
Mavic 2 Atti mode

the key is to find an old original mavic`s dji assistant ver 1.1.2. it was written in javascript mostly and has some line that activates debugger that allows to see and alter internal variables in the flight controller.
it is very straight forward, but takes some effort. you can install old 1.1.2 assistant in the different folder, just make sure not to do _anything_ else from it on mavic 2. all you can do wiht it on mavic 2 is to click at 'parameters' section and alter what is there. also make sure to take a screenshot of anything you alter before you altered it.

Sounds good... but one more thing... i will loose Sport mode then, right?
Instead of sport mode there will be ATTI mode - did i get it right?

it is not code, it is parameter. you still use original firmware. revert param back when you send it in and warranty will be fine. probably. :)

Sounds good... but one more thing... i will loose Sport mode then, right?
Instead of sport mode there will be ATTI mode - did i get it right?
you have a 3 position switch - T - P - S.
you can assign any mode for any of those positions. i chose to re-assign T position from tripod to ATTI. as i see no much value in the tripod mode, may be i am wrong, not sure. for now it works for me. i posted there what i did - only made sport a bit faster and P mode up/down speed a bit faster.

Well, the benefit of the Tripod mode is, that you can adjust in midflight those speeds (HS, VS) and the yaw smoothness... when making some cinematic shots,for every situation there is something else that fits the best ant in Tripod you can adjust it quickly....

you have a 3 position switch - T - P - S.
you can assign any mode for any of those positions. i chose to re-assign T position from tripod to ATTI. as i see no much value in the tripod mode, may be i am wrong, not sure. for now it works for me. i posted there what i did - only made sport a bit faster and P mode up/down speed a bit faster.

Well, the benefit of the Tripod mode is, that you can adjust in midflight those speeds (HS, VS) and the yaw smoothness... when making some cinematic shots,for every situation there is something else that fits the best ant in Tripod you can adjust it quickly....
I spent some time setting P mode with cinematic settings and so far it seems to be sufficient, but, will see. I did not have much time to fly it yet in real outdoors, only tested on nearby field.

I believe that the quickest way to disable sensors is to go into sport mode

What you mean by bringing down to storage voltage?
Batteries should not be stored fully charged?
No sir... Storing batteries fully charged reduces their life. That's why they are programmed to deplete themselves automatically if stored for a few days.

I have my c2 button on the bottom of the controller set to toggle sensors on and off. I use that all the time, in tripod or positioning mode. I recently did a load of filming inside a Norman church, with candelabras, massive stone columns and intricate roof beams all over the place, basically everything was seen as an obstacle, so it became impossible to fly with the sensors turned on. The smoothness of tripod was essential, given the short distances and limited space but the sensors had to be off completely to do anything. Works perfectly and no hacking of any sort either!
**** that is a great idea men!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nehablal0551