DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

TXTlogToCSVtool for MM2

Exphantomflyer

Reactions
Has anyone got TXTlogToCSVtool for the Mavic Mini 2 yet, Ive done a forum search and cant find anything.

Ive tried TXTlogToCSVtoolMM but that creates a garbage CSV file.

Edit : It’s for use in Dashware program

thanks

Last edited:
Nope ... nothing regarding logs for a MM2 can be handled outside Airdata.com right now.

Nope ... nothing regarding logs for a MM2 can be handled outside Airdata.com right now.

sorted cheers pal, i can create the template now

Last edited:
The problem goes further than that, MM .txt logs recorded under 1.2.4 are illegible to CsvView and when I reinstalled 1.1.6 I HAD to remove the txt logs recorded under 1.2.4 before the App would/could see any of the .txt logs via "profile".

sorted cheers pal, i can create the template now
Assumed you at least were on a FLY app version above 1.2.1 ... but if you sorted it, don't update the app, because then it's goodbye.

From FLY app v1.2.2 only Airdata.com can decrypt the TXT logs right now ... & both the DAT logs (AC and mobile device) is encrypted & can only be read by DJI staff.

Assumed you at least were on a FLY app version above 1.2.1 ... but if you sorted it, don't update the app, because then it's goodbye.

From FLY app v1.2.2 only Airdata.com can decrypt the TXT logs right now ... & both the DAT logs (AC and mobile device) is encrypted & can only be read by DJI staff.

yeah I don’t know what version of app was used for the txt file I have as it was sent to me.
However I have a mini 2 coming today so will test it and other app versions as well

The app version is or was listed in the the txt file but I do not know if it is one of the things air data can extract

I managed to borrow a MM2 and tested the app versions 1.2.0, 1.2.1 and 1.2.2.

In 1.2.0 the flight log txt file converts fine using either TXTlogToCSVtool.exe or TXTlogToCSVtoolMM.exe and can be imported into Dashware

In 1.2.1 the flight log txt file converts fine using either TXTlogToCSVtool.exe or TXTlogToCSVtoolMM.exe and can be imported into Dashware

In 1.2.2 the flight log txt file does not convert correctly so isnt useable.

SO it seems that DJI changed something in 1.2.2 that affects how the 2 tools convert, that means that your only option is to load one of the working app versions, great if you are an android user but not for IOS users as the latest version also produces erroneous CSV files.

I managed to borrow a MM2 and tested the app versions 1.2.0, 1.2.1 and 1.2.2.

In 1.2.0 the flight log txt file converts fine using either TXTlogToCSVtool.exe or TXTlogToCSVtoolMM.exe and can be imported into Dashware

In 1.2.1 the flight log txt file converts fine using either TXTlogToCSVtool.exe or TXTlogToCSVtoolMM.exe and can be imported into Dashware

In 1.2.2 the flight log txt file does not convert correctly so isnt useable.

SO it seems that DJI changed something in 1.2.2 that affects how the 2 tools convert, that means that your only option is to load one of the working app versions, great if you are an android user but not for IOS users as the latest version also produces erroneous CSV files.
As said ... from FLY app v1.2.2 the TXT isn't readable except using Airdata ... & it's not enough to re-install a previous version of the app to make it readable... if the flight log is already made through 1.2.2 & above it's already encrypted in the new way. Mobile device DAT logs is totally unreadable coming from a MM2 ...

This have been known for several month now ...

As said ... from FLY app v1.2.2 the TXT isn't readable except using Airdata ... & it's not enough to re-install a previous version of the app to make it readable... if the flight log is already made through 1.2.2 & above it's already encrypted in the new way. Mobile device DAT logs is totally unreadable coming from a MM2 ...

This have been known for several month now ...
Yeah I read your post mate, im merely stating that if you want useable files for dashware then you need an earlier app version.

I like Dashware too but also KML files for Google Earth.
At the moment I see only one possibility.
You switch on in the DJI Fly app under video > "subtitles".
The subtitles can be extracted from the copter videos to get a srt file here:
Now a programmer would have to find, who create a small program to get from the srt file a csv file.
The first line of the csv file could then e.g. look like this:
Aperture,SS,ISO,EV,DZOOM,Longitude,Latitude,Rel.HEIGHT[m],Distance[m],HEIGHTfromHP[m],HorizSpeed[m/s],Vert.Speed[m/s]

Sorry for my Google-English.
H.

Last edited:
Reactions: Exphantomflyer
It's pretty quiet here.
H.

So it looks now at me: Of course, Dashware needs the time in seconds.

Time in s is correct, Time!

CSV.jpg

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803