DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Type C cable problem

memtenn60

Reactions
I usually use my Apple mini 4 iPad when flying my Mavic Pro 2 zoom, but wanted to use my Samsung Galaxy 8+ to fly. When I connect the type C cord I get a message that says moisture detected in the connection, disconnect and try again later. I tried several other type C cord and same message. I then set up a hair dryer to blow warm air into the cable opening in phone as well as the cord for half an hour. Did not help. Has anyone had this same problem? I have heard that Samsung has had issues with the type C connection but cannot find info regarding it.
Does anyone have a fix.?
Thanks

You need to make sure that the connection in the phone is dry, not the cable.

I get that whenever I give the phone a good bath. My solution is to take a can or compressed air, use the small tube and shoot air into the data port. Then give it a chance to fully dry.

Tried blowing air in phone and cable but did not help.
Checked YouTube videos but none of the fixes on there did not work.
Thanks

Tried blowing air in phone and cable but did not help.
Checked YouTube videos but none of the fixes on there did not work.
Blowing air into the phone is the worst thing you could do. The connection is made water resistant by means of a screen. Under light pressure, the screen will keep water out of the phone. Blowing air into the phone will also allow any water to enter.

Did you try contacting Samsung support? They may have more info regarding this. BTW I can't tell you how many times I've used the canned air trick and never had any problems.

Hair dryer worked for me after taking my S7 for a swim.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gottawonder